Once co-dependent, always co-dependent?

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the topic, but once you become really attached and co-dependent, are you doomed to always have to rely on someone, or what are ways to become independent once again?

When I was younger I used to be jealous, extremely dependant and sooo miserable... I used to fall head over heels as soon as I had sex with the guy.

NOT ANYMORE!!!

Now I am the opposite.. I do not need anyone in my life (partner). I am very independant... now it's my way or the highway... I truly think I can't live with anyone... I love my single life too much.

What happened to me? I don't know... really... age maybe, life experience, not sure. but to be honest, I don't ask myself these questions... I am happy.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the topic, but once you become really attached and co-dependent, are you doomed to always have to rely on someone, or what are ways to become independent once again?

Codependency is a very complex concept and, by your question, I'm not sure you have a good grasp of it. At any rate, people who are codependent usually take a very long time to realize it...if they ever do at all. Therapy over a period of time can be effective but it's extremely difficult to emerge from behavior patterns that have been ingrained in the psyche over time. It takes courage and a great desire to get through the process.

You can be attached and dependent on somebody and not be codependent. Such depends on the situation and other components of the relationship. There is a vast amount of information on the Internet about codependency. Just use Google and read away!