Healthy or Unhealthy?

Sweetness8253

I am a 20 year old mother/wife/student. I have been married for about 2 years and been with the guy for 3. I feel an emptiness. Like something is missing from my life. My friend (a woman) made a plan to get a hotel room and have a girls night just me and her. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as our husband can get ahold of us and they know where we are and what room we are in. We just want a break from the norm. For one night not worry about being wives and mothers. Now, her husband and mother doesn't see any problem with this.

He was actually giving us ideas as to where we could go and what kind of coupons he had and to which places. My husband on the other hand doesn't like this idea. He can't understand why for one night I would want to escape. I was wondering what other people would think. Would you think this is okay? Two best friend get away for one night just to hang out and talk. I want to know honest opinions. Thank any and all of you who repsond. :confused:

It's a girl's night out. I don't see anything wrong with this. A group of my friends and I did this before. We had a potluck dinner (with fondue!), watched a movie, and had some girl talk.

None of our significant others had a problem with it.

There is nothing at all wrong with it. Just because you are married you do not have to cease to exist as an individual. It is very healthy to get a change of scenery. Tell your husband to look at it this way - the homecoming will be spectacular!!!

Geez, you deserve a break and some fun with your friend! Tell your husband that the next overnight will be just you and him (get a family member to take your kid(s) for weekend) it's just now you'd like to have some time to be just "you." Everybody needs a mental health day, even if it is from your own family.

Don't lose yourself in any relationship, regardless if you have kids. Yes, I understand it's a labour of love but you still need to take some time for yourself. Tell your husband he's out of line and being very unreasonable.

Btw, don't forget to hit the spa the next morning. Being a wife doesn't mean you don't need to be pampered once in awhile.

RE:

Two best friend get away for one night just to hang out and talk.

Yes. I think this is a great idea. You need some time to relax and enjoy yourself away from your husband. This is time for you -without the child[ren].

I hope you are able to compromise and convince your husband. Doesn't he get a "Guy's Night Out" once in a while?

Just for precautionary reasons, do be careful if you decide to go somewhere far from home. Let your husband know where you are at, and such. Ah, and don't accept drugs or anything of the like.

Good Luck.

Sand&Water

I agree with the rest, you should go regardless of what your husband says, he's your husband doesn't mean he should control your life...

Slightly different take.. I still agree you should go, but I'm wonderign if because you've been feeling less then fulfilled in the marriage if maybe your husband has picked up on this. And maybe he's feeling insecure about where your heart is. He might not be viewing this solely as "time for you" but as a potential threat to the marriage. As irrational as it may be, if he feels that way, then it's something that should be addressed.

I'd be less than enthusiastic about my bf going away to a hotel for the night with his guy friend if I felt there was distance between us, or an underlying problem. I think it would make me feel a bit insecure with the situation.

I don't think your husband is dealing with the situation well though. But it might help if you talked to him about why he doesn't like the idea. Maybe show him some extra affection and love to let him know that you still want only him. He might be viewing this "night away" as you trying to figure out if you still want to even be with him, and instead of confronting his fears, he's trying to avoid them by not allowing you to go.

Anyway.. I was thinking you might be better off trying to address the underlying reason he doesn't want you to go, rather than forcing the issue without acknowledging his fears.

Being a mother myself a girl's night out is good for you. It makes your home life better that you can get away from it all even if it is just a night. Does he not trust you or is it that he don't want to take care of your responsibilities of the kids and the house? I would do it even if he has a problem. I am sure he gets his break . I think what you are feeling is that you are a mother and wife and feel that you have lost yourself. Get out and enjoy a night out with your friend. I know I started feeling this way and my mom started keeping our daughter so we could go out and spend sometime just us and it did me a world of good. I would go hang out with him and his band friends and meet new people. It helped me from feeling that i had lost myself. We are still people even though we are wives /mothers.