Today is my parent 35th wedding anniversary!

laRubiaBonita

wow.... 35 years!

i think about how long that is, and to be with one person(especially to either one of my parents!).... it is an impressive amount of time!

i also think about my mother and father only being 19 and 21 at the time, i was partying hard when i was that age, i did not care about commitments, i wanted to be with everyone and all at the same time! :lmao:

they have been through alot as a couple, cause we have been through alot as a family, i really appreciate and love my parents and all they have done and have tried to do for me and my sisters.

That is FANTASTIC!!!

Can I ask you a few questions?

You see, I came from the background that marriage is a temporary thing. Mom's on #4 right now.

Mrs. Moose comes from a background where her parents have been together over 50 years.

I can see the differences between us on these two different levels.

What benefits / withdraws have you experienced from their model of marriage?

Who's, "wearing", the pants?

Have you seen them argue?

Has either one been unfatihful that you know of?

What would you take from their example and use in your life?

Sorry.....inquiring minds wanna know!!!

• Author
laRubiaBonita

my dad's parents divorced when he was 8, my mothers parents just celebrated their 56th.

What benefits / withdraws have you experienced from their model of marriage?

one drawback is missed-communication and differing communication. my dad will tell you only what you ask, my mother will tell you what you asked as well as every story relating to the initial "thing" you asked.

this has taught me to be patient when communicating with others and trying to see where they maybe coming from

Who's, "wearing", the pants?

they both wear different sets of pants. my mother has and always has had a higher paying job, which she has, on occasion, held over his head..... she pays their mortgage, my father pays all the other bills, including both their car payments, groceries, utulities, etc...

i am pretty sure they each have a cash stash, as they will both make large expensive purchases from time to time with out consulting each other.

Have you seen them argue?

yes, many times, but i have seen them apologize just as often. it used to scare me, when i was little, to see them argue, nothing physical...except flying dishes from my mothers hand...... now i appreciate what they have more..... when they did argue, things were stressful, be it my father getting laid off for the 4th time, or my fathers the move to a different state in hopes of making ends meet without his family for almost a year, to almost losing two daughters...... Things are not always easy.

but my sisters and i have always felt loved, and we love our family.

Has either one been unfatihful that you know of?

not to my almost 100% sure knowledge. they love each other madly.

What would you take from their example and use in your life?

it is corny, but if you love someone and want them to be with you and in your life, you do have to make sacrifices and you do have to compramise, and mostly you must communicate!

it is corny, but if you love someone and want them to be with you and in your life, you do have to make sacrifices and you do have to compramise, and mostly you must communicate!
:love:EXCELLENT!!!:love:

Your parents see marriage for what it is. A permanent covenant that you just can't walk away from because of hardship(s).

• Author
laRubiaBonita
:love:EXCELLENT!!!:love:

Your parents see marriage for what it is. A permanent covenant that you just can't walk away from because of hardship(s).

yep, and that is what i see it as. and it is not a thing to be taken lightly.

Congratulations to your parents! :)

Mine have been married for almost 25 years now, they were 22 and 23 when they married.

Congratulations to your parents! :)

Mine have been married for almost 25 years now, they were 22 and 23 when they married.

Geez, your parents are still some youngins. They must have married around the time your mom was pregnant with you.

Geez, your parents are still some youngins. They must have married around the time your mom was pregnant with you.

:laugh: No it was not a shotgun wedding :laugh:

I'm 23 remember? But my parents are still pretty young, they feel young as well which is good.

:laugh: No it was not a shotgun wedding :laugh:

I'm 23 remember? But my parents are still pretty young, they feel young as well which is good.

Your profile says 24 dork.:laugh:

Your profile says 24 dork.:laugh:

I know, when I made it I messed up, then didn't know how to fix it, we've gone through this before, dork :laugh::p

I know, when I made it I messed up, then didn't know how to fix it, we've gone through this before, dork :laugh::p

We have?:confused:

Oh yeah, when you hit 25, you start to forget things.:laugh: Enjoy your last two years of having a dependable mind.

I was 18 and Mrs. Moose was 19 when we got married.

It's weird......my eldest son is 19 NOW!!

Looking at him, at my wedding pictures, blows my mind!!!

Here he is, 19, still living at home but is working a full time job, no serious girlfriend, and plans to go to college next year......

Hell, at his age, I've already been on my own for 4 years, finished and paid for my own college, and I had a son to boot!!!

I'm so thankful that I was able to provide him with a totally different lease on life......

And I will be eternally grateful if I pass from this life to the next while still in this matrimoney.......

I was 18 and Mrs. Moose was 19 when we got married.

It's weird......my eldest son is 19 NOW!!

Looking at him, at my wedding pictures, blows my mind!!!

Here he is, 19, still living at home but is working a full time job, no serious girlfriend, and plans to go to college next year......

Hell, at his age, I've already been on my own for 4 years, finished and paid for my own college, and I had a son to boot!!!

I'm so thankful that I was able to provide him with a totally different lease on life......

And I will be eternally grateful if I pass from this life to the next while still in this matrimoney.......

Wow, you were on your own at 15? How did you make it?

Congratulations on everything you've accomplished.

We have?:confused:

Oh yeah, when you hit 25, you start to forget things.:laugh: Enjoy your last two years of having a dependable mind.

:laugh: Somewhere talking about school I think I mentioned that I was 23, not the recent thread but the school/slacking one before it, remember it now old man? :laugh:

:laugh: Somewhere talking about school I think I mentioned that I was 23, not the recent thread but the school/slacking one before it, remember it now old man? :laugh:

I do remember now. The light just flickered above my head. You are still a dork though.;)

Laugh all you want but in no time you will be an old hag.:laugh:

Laugh all you want but in no time you will be an old hag.:laugh:

Me and my bf promissed eachother that we're gonna have hot old people sex someday :laugh: So at least I'll be an old hag that's still getting some :lmao:

yep, and that is what i see it as. and it is not a thing to be taken lightly.

It most certainly is not a thing to take lightly.

Congratulations to your parents. That's quite an accomplishment. If I was still married to the ex we'd be looking at our 37 anniversary but 25 years was more than enough for both of us and longer than it should have lasted.

That your parents still love one another completely is a beautiful thing. I wish them another 35 years.