Assistance in explaining the CONNECTION thing

Ok. I'm at a loss for words in explaining the "Connection" thing that a woman has with a man or a man with a woman.

When two people come together and you sense this 'connection' with that particular person that you dont' have with anyone else.

I know it can be classified as love.

I have struggled in explaining this with words.

It has a spiritual, physical and emotional presense about it.

It's that 'connection' you feel for only one person.

~~~That 'No One Else Will Do' person in your life ~~~

Please share with me how you would describe that 'CONNECTON' you have with one specif person that you are in love with.

I think an elderly widowed friend of mine explained it best, when I asked her how she knew that her husband was the person she wanted to be married to. She talked about growing up in the country, about how she didn't really date but ran around with a group of friends that included boys and girls. And how when she met the man she would eventually marry, that the relationship with him was a "sure feeling."

you just know when you know ... kinda like a mystical connection that transcends the "ooh, I'm so in love with so-and-so," or "we would look so good together." Basically, you see a future that's not clouded by lovey-dovey crap, but still, you feel sure about what you're seeing with him (or her).

• Author

Here's one idea I have come across in explaining.

A genuine connection with another.

is about how open, how much you share and are the real you in your interactions with a particual person.

Its the level of involvement with that person.

The level of quality in your intimate relating is high.

Its not based on how often or even how good the sex is.

Just curious, but why do you want to know? Or maybe a better question, why do you want to know how to describe it in words? Is it to clarify to yourself, or to someone else?

As far as putting it into words.... Gee, I dont' think I can.

How about... Its a feeling of touching his mind with mine. Of course, I'd be happy to touch other things as well... but without the mind in there, then nothing else is getting touched. hahahah

I have always felt it was like knowing someone their whole life even though you haven't.

The ability to look into someones heart thru your own eyes. ( this is the romantic side of me speaking ).

Feeling all of your worries and voids dissappear just at the thought of them..or when they speak you feel such a comfort that you get warm all over..

I think the feelings have to be mutual though in order for the connection to happen.. so they have to feel what I'm feeling..

Damn.. I hope I get a chance to feel these again..:) it has been a couple of years .. ( Crosses fingers )

When my Dad was sick my mom sat down at his feet on an ottoman once, when I was visiting. She put his feet up on her lap and squeezed his calves and looked up at him with a look so pure and innocent that I was shocked to see it. She looked young, for a moment. I think it was that kind of deep love, shining through. She cared for him every moment until the end and I think that kind of giving of oneself, to the point of acting as if caring for them is simply something you do, like caring for yourself -- that is true love. JMO. I'm just saying.

• Author

Wow. all your responses give me wonderful feelings.

I understand each of them..

Walk-- I have expressed a 'connection' with someone and that person said that they aren't comfortable with that word because they don't understand it.

So I set out to find an explanation of it between two people as best I can.

Each of your explainations hit the target right on..

I'm beginning to think there is no one way to encompass all of its meaning in a simple explanation.

If you have to explain 'connection 'to someone, you don't have it.

you just know when you know ... kinda like a mystical connection

Yeah. That's a myth. Plenty of people who 'just knew' end up divorced. Don't count on 'just knowing' to tell you for sure.

Agree. That purty much sums it up. :)

Its a feeling of touching his mind with mine.

well put! thats exactly how i've felt it in the past... not even necessarily implying on the intellectual level or anything.. its just the feeling that you understand them, and they understand you so well.. your minds are just in psync..

Walk-- I have expressed a 'connection' with someone and that person said that they aren't comfortable with that word because they don't understand it.

So I set out to find an explanation of it between two people as best I can.

Each of your explainations hit the target right on..

I'm beginning to think there is no one way to encompass all of its meaning in a simple explanation.

Pada.. You're a woman who craves the emotional aspects of a relationship. You seem to want a man who is capable of understanding and showing an emotional, romantic side with some consistency. So why are you putting effort into a guy who doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of a "connection" because he's never looked deep enough at his feelings to know if he felt it?

Seems like you find men who are the most logical, unemotional, and least able to talk about feelings, and then you try really hard to get them to show emotions and talk about feelings.

You'd probably have more happiness if you found a guy you didn't have to explain "connection" to. Or even a vague idea of what you were talking about... Then you two could start off on roughly the same footing, versus trying to drag him up to your level.

My "connection" with my boyfriend started off with:

-Reading each other's blogs and finding similar experiences.

-Meeting in person and feeling that "rush" of attraction.

-Talking in a restaurant for four hours and still having things to talk about.

-Walking, talking, holding hands, and wanting more.

-When he took his shirt off to show me his tattoo, and the room suddenly got very, very warm.

-Talking about books and interests- finding shared hobbies and finding interest in new ones.

-Kissing- the first time and every time.

-Finishing each other's sentences.

-Still feeling, experiencing, and being affected by all of the above after more than a year.

To me the connection breaks down into:

1. Physical attraction

2. Shared interests

3. Shared values/goals/outlooks on life

4. Interesting conversation

The feelings between us grew when:

-we shared good and bad experiences (when he first started college, or when one of his good friends died after a long illness)

-we came to depend on one another and continue to seek out each other's company

-when the physical relationship between us became more definite and familiar

-when we came to know each other well enough to predict wants, needs, and attitudes (buying the perfect birthday present; finishing each other's sentences)

which breaks down into:

1. Shared experiences

2. Committment and companionship

3. Making love

4. Getting to know one another

That's our connection, anyway. :)

a true "connection" for me is when my brain and c*ck are stimulated at the same time....doesn't happen too often PADA :)

It's elusive and very subjective (esp the brain part) which make its all the more valuable.

Either that, or you are insecure.

Perhaps the person you are explaining it to, is asking you to further clarify what you mean because they like hearing you talking about how you feel about them.

It could be anything, but, explaining it alot, feels like trying to convince them, which sometimes kills it before it blossoms, IMO.

For me, the connection was like an instant trust. Something about the other person's energy matched mine in a way no one else's ever had. It's like I had total confidence in his integrity even though I did not know anything about him. But the connection thing can be kind of deceptive. Something about my experience with love has been intensely lonely and at times I wish it never happened.

Yeah. That's a myth. Plenty of people who 'just knew' end up divorced. Don't count on 'just knowing' to tell you for sure.

Amen to both. When I met my exh, he was from out of town and I felt this tremendous connection with him and deep deep sorrow that i'd never see him again. I knew he would have been a very important person in my life, and I was sad that he didnt live by for it to play out... fortunately, we did hook up, got married, and 10 years later are going through a divorce. So yah, just cos you have that spark with someone, doesnt mean it's guaranteed to last. No matter how deep that connection is.

Deep connections between people are possible, but most of the time they are fictions created in the mind of either party. False projections in relationships are common.