Am I a freak or is she's rude?

Somewhat Healed

Somewhat Healed

I am a 17 years old men in a very happy relationship. For now...

My girlfriend (who study at the same college) is planning to take the theater profile. Very cool for her, she's a good actress and she will travel in europe but I am jealous. As you know, she may have some intimate scenes with another actor, and I can't stand that... Would you like to share your love with a stranger ??? Not me.

She said it could be just a french kiss and maybe some touching and that it isn't reality, only a play. Still, I know that if it happens I will feel cheated. Let me explain, to me, kissing is the most intimate thing between two lovers. I never kissed anybody who I didn't love. You know, sex is just a part of the human instinc and reproduction thing but the only utility of kissing, to me, is to express your love.

What should I do? Next time you watch TV, look at the actors making love and ask yourself "What would I do if it was my girlfriend?".

So I said, that it was my problem and that I don't won't to control her and that if I can't handle it, I will leave the relationship. She started crying and said she don't want to choose. I feel very guilty but I can't stand the thought of someone else's tongue in my love's mouth.

It's strange because i've never been jealous before... I have a full trust in my girlfriend and I know she will never cheat me. But this guy is going to kiss her at every repetition and I should say "Oh it's fun dear!" ???? I feel stuck, paralyzed...

Is she being rude? When I spoke about it, I thought that she would answer something like "I'll ask the director to give me another role". Nope, no consideration for my feelings. Am I just being a self-fish jealous bastard? Maybe she's right...

I think you are getting way ahead of yourself...way, way ahead.

Your girlfriend is only studying theatre now and has not yet began her career and you already have her french kissing actors. You have one hell of an imagination.

First of all, actors do not French kiss as part of their work. There is no need for that since that type of kiss cannot be conveyed on film or on stage to any meaningful extent. Second, union and theatre rules prohibit exchanges of this type to any serious extent because of the possiblity of contracting the AIDS virus and other such pathogens carried in bodily fluids. The mouth is the most bacteria-riddled part of the body.

So give yourself a break and wait until you have something to worry about. Meanwhile, read newspapers and magazines to find more appropriate and immediate problems to push your worry buttons for.

If you really love this lass, you will support her in whatever she does. If she gets a part which calls for her to strip nude and make passionate love to another actor, using a condom of course, you will certainly understand that this is a strictly professional matter and one that is done completely for the sake of entertainment with no feeling or emotion. You will understand that, won't you???

Now, the unlimited rehearsals for such scenes may be a bit bothersome to you but you'll get over it.

Actors, especially at the inception of their careers, must take whatever parts come along, you know. Cool your jets. This lady will use her very best judgement in chosing vehicles that will further her career in the most positive way.

You are not a freak and she is not rude, so don't come unglued!!! But if you are not totally supportive and understanding of what she wants to do with her life...if you become obsessed and possessive and controlling of her goals...she will drop you like a hot potato.