we just dont see eye to eye

carla

my bf is always wanting to go to weddings, family functions, out with friends etc. i don't like socializing with people for long periods and he gets upset when i ask can we just stay a little while, like i'm ruining his fun.

we end up fighting about the whole thing and i tell him to just go alone, and he says that we are together, we are invited together and we should go together.

in a way i am flattered that he wants me to go, but then i don't want to go and when i am there i feel trapped and angry on the inside but don't show it on the outside.

i know if it wasn't for him i would of never went to places like california, sand dunes, new mexico, etc. i would of never experienced these places and others, but he is somewhat persistent about doing things together because he don't want to spend his life sitting at home.

i don't blame him, but is there anything wrong if i want to spend my life sitting at home? i don't know how we can agree on any of these issues. this month there is a christening and a wedding and guess who wants me to go?

what can i do?

Not only do you have an incompatibility problem but you have a guy with no consideration, caring, understanding, flexibility, or skills for accomodating.

You can't help the fact that it is just engrained in your personality that you don't like to go to these functions. You just don't feel comfortable around a lot of people for a prolonged period. Your boyfriend is the opposite.

You either need to work out a satisfactory compromise, find another guy, encourage your friends not to get married, baptised, christen their babies, have parties, etc., or get a letter from your doctor excusing you from these affairs because of some sort of allergy or social phobia.

I think your boyfriend is a fully certified self centered JERK to drag you to his crap when he knows it makes you uncomfortable. If I ever run into him on the street, I will deck him!!!