Boyfriend tape recording me

Lil Bit

I was recently laid off my job and I have been at home now for about 3 weeks. I have been living with this guy for 6 Years and together for 7. Yesterday while cleaning house i noticed something out of place. Well low and behold i found on my dresser behind my vcr a voice activated recorder and yes it was going. Oh i was fumed, I thought i wanted to throw it in his face, but instead i taped some annoying things on it such as talking with my dog, singing christmas tunes etc. Anyway today i cant find that darn thing anywhere and it's driving me nuts. What would any of you do?

I was recently laid off my job and I have been at home now for about 3 weeks. I have been living with this guy for 6 Years and together for 7. Yesterday while cleaning house i noticed something out of place. Well low and behold i found on my dresser behind my vcr a voice activated recorder and yes it was going. Oh i was fumed, I thought i wanted to throw it in his face, but instead i taped some annoying things on it such as talking with my dog, singing christmas tunes etc. Anyway today i cant find that darn thing anywhere and it's driving me nuts. What would any of you do?

First of all I would have recorded some REALLY annoying things, like scratching on the mike and repeatedly flushing the toilet. Then I would have left him a message on the recording letting him know that you had found it. No, actually you should talk to him about this insecurity and why he doesn't trust you. Also let him know what a childish and dishonest thing that was to do. Has this kind of insecure behavior been going on throughout your relationship?

First of all I would have recorded some REALLY annoying things, like scratching on the mike and repeatedly flushing the toilet. Then I would have left him a message on the recording letting him know that you had found it. No, actually you should talk to him about this insecurity and why he doesn't trust you. Also let him know what a childish and dishonest thing that was to do. Has this kind of insecure behavior been going on throughout your relationship?

Things like this have been going on throughout the relationship. I did confront him. Boy he looked suprised infact without word. Then tried to act like he dident know what i was talking about! Not much since then has been said, although i did tell him it was very childish.

Things like this have been going on throughout the relationship. I did confront him. Boy he looked suprised infact without word. Then tried to act like he dident know what i was talking about! Not much since then has been said, although i did tell him it was very childish. Sounds like a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar. Without bringing up the tape recording incident, talk to him about his insecure feeling. Try to make him understand that he has no reasons to mistrust you (and make sure you've given him none). If he's been like this throughout the relationship, nothing will change overnight, it takes time.