on becoming feminine

gingersnap

i don't know what happened to me but when i was a young girl i lived in dresses and skirts, but now when i try to wear them i get this really disgusting feeling in my crotch and i am not kidding here at all! this is too freaky for me, and so i dress in mainly jeans/sweat/t-shirt/sweatshirts. i bring this up now cause my hubby got me a two piece skirt for xmas and i tried it on and i felt totally funny and horrible in it. he also bought me a pretty shirt that shows some cleavage which i wore today and once again i got that icky feeling. what is going on here? this is insane i think but i can't shake this feeling of how i feel so icky and awful when i try to dress femininely, ever hear of this?

Never heard of it but the first thing that comes to my mind is that you could possibly be gay or bisexual and no be fully aware? If you have latent homosexual tendencies, that may be the reason behind your discomfort in feminine clothing and why you feel better in jeans, etc.

Homosexuality and bisexuality occurs in varying degress and you may have a very mild tendency, which would explain why you are not fully in touch with the reasons for your feelings here. Many gay or bi people are happily married and either never realize their incongruous sexual preferences or come to realize them much later in life.

Another reason may be medical or biological. See a doctor to see if there is a medical basis, alergy, or something else going on here.

It could be due to some unpleasant or even traumatic event which occured in your childhood related to this type of clothing. A good counsellor or medical/ethical hypnotherapist can help you recall such an event or events.

There could be other psychological reasons for this discomfort. My guess is that this is strictly psychological and you will need to see a highly competent psychotherapist in your area to see what's up.

I think this problem is serious enough to warrant your attention to it.