idenity crisis

joey

is this strange or is it just me, my girlfriend of about four yrs now has changed her name three different times.

she says she hated her birth name and changed it after she moved away from her family but her family still refuses to call her anything but her birthname.

then she changed it again after hearing a name that she really like which was an italian name and she is irish and norwegian.

then she changed it one last time adding her old birthname and a new name together so that way when her family still calls her by her birthname she can justify it.

now she is thinking of changing it AGAIN!

to something more common, more simple and to something i really don't like either.

i love her dearly and i know that she is not crazy or hiding from the law oranything like that, she just likes to change things.

she has gone through about 6 cell phone, 4 cars, 3 answering machine's and a few digital cameras.

she also likes to return things, well she like to but she seems to do it alot.

maybe it's just me cause i do the guy thing ya know, i believe if it works don't fix it.

she likes different things and says she is not hurting anyone or anything when she does these things.

she said just be glad i don't change boyfriends as much as i do my name and of course she was kidding and i am glad that she don't, but still is this normal or anything to worry about?

i think once she settles on a name she likes she will stick with it or i will make her promise to or something.

when we get married, i want to know what name she will be under and keep it that way.

i was asking for advice but it seems my post is being past up? perhaps people who read it thought i just wanted to rant and rave while i really needed some thoughts on this, any takers?

is this strange or is it just me, my girlfriend of about four yrs now has changed her name three different times. she says she hated her birth name and changed it after she moved away from her family but her family still refuses to call her anything but her birthname. then she changed it again after hearing a name that she really like which was an italian name and she is irish and norwegian. then she changed it one last time adding her old birthname and a new name together so that way when her family still calls her by her birthname she can justify it. now she is thinking of changing it AGAIN!

to something more common, more simple and to something i really don't like either. i love her dearly and i know that she is not crazy or hiding from the law oranything like that, she just likes to change things. she has gone through about 6 cell phone, 4 cars, 3 answering machine's and a few digital cameras. she also likes to return things, well she like to but she seems to do it alot. maybe it's just me cause i do the guy thing ya know, i believe if it works don't fix it. she likes different things and says she is not hurting anyone or anything when she does these things. she said just be glad i don't change boyfriends as much as i do my name and of course she was kidding and i am glad that she don't, but still is this normal or anything to worry about? i think once she settles on a name she likes she will stick with it or i will make her promise to or something. when we get married, i want to know what name she will be under and keep it that way.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with your lady. She is definitely above average in intelligence and quite cerebral. She does a lot of thinking. Maybe you don't but don't worry.

While what she is doing is not normal in that most people don't carry on as she does, there is no harm in it and no pathology indicated.

I think she is a free spirit and does what she pleases. If she wants to change her name every month, that option is open to her under the law.

Changing cell phones, cars, answering machines, etc. can be quite expensive but these days they improve them so rapidly that it's hardly surprising that someone might get caught up in wanting the very latest. This practice may be very costly and impractical, but if she's got the money and she's not hurting anybody...what the hell.

There are not many men who would want a woman like this. If you marry her, one day she will have children and not be working for a while and you will have to foot the bill for all her new cell phones, cars, answering machines, etc. I hope you have a large savings account when that happens.