Expectations

Lilly

I know every relationship/person is different but I would like to get an idea of what's normal regarding expectations in new relationships.

Now, I realise at the start of a relationship that sex does not equal love, sex does not equal emotional intimacy, sex does not mean that you particularly care about someone either (wanting to get involved in their life, their problems etc), if two people are taking things slow then the above comes with time. At the beginning of a relationship you are finding out if you care enough about someone to fully get involved... even though you may be physically intimate.

At what point, in a new relationship where two people like each other, are attracted to each other, are physically intimate with each, is it reasonable to expect emotional intimacy... or get out??

Thank you :)

well the emotional intimacy should be there from the start. There is no timed equence of this as far as I know. It will just "feel right". If your sexual and emotional needs are being met than you won't have to question anything. You will simply proceed with one another. But, if you feel dissatisfied with your partner, insecure, and worrisome about your future together, then an important element may be missing.

I know every relationship/person is different but I would like to get an idea of what's normal regarding expectations in new relationships. Now, I realise at the start of a relationship that sex does not equal love, sex does not equal emotional intimacy, sex does not mean that you particularly care about someone either (wanting to get involved in their life, their problems etc), if two people are taking things slow then the above comes with time. At the beginning of a relationship you are finding out if you care enough about someone to fully get involved... even though you may be physically intimate. At what point, in a new relationship where two people like each other, are attracted to each other, are physically intimate with each, is it reasonable to expect emotional intimacy... or get out?? Thank you :)