My dilema

Justine

My story is very complicated. My dilema is I fell in love with a married man I initially did not know was married. I assumed he was single because he didn't wear a ring, looked very young and wanted to see me everyday. One week in the relationship, I asked him if he was married and he told me the truth. I initially wanted to avoid him, but he continued to chase me. The twist to this story is my mom wants me to go back to Canada to do an MBA at a 2nd-tier university that that I don't particularly like. This degree is not very useful in Japan and I would probably end up working in Canada (my parents live there). I told him this and then he said he wanted me to stay and support me financially if I do my MBA in Japan (he's quite wealthy). He told me that I don't have to do anything in return and that he cherishes our friendship. He says that likes me because i'm very genuine and not like a typical girls who are very materialist.

Realize this ... if you stay and let this married man support you financially, you will be dependent on him. And that's a VERY BAD THING. Especially when he decides he gets tired of you, or wants a new girlfriend to screw around on his wife with. At any moment he could stop giving you money ... because it's HIS money. Then what would you do? You'd have nothing. And what in the world would his wife do if she found out about this arrangement? Not all wives go quietly into the horizon you know. She could possibly make your life a living hell.

In other words, don't rely on this man. Or any man for that matter. Learn to support yourself.

Gawd, you are a real sucker for BS. This guy lead you on by lying to you about his marital status and you want to stick around for more hurt.

Before you get your MBA, you ought to get your MBS so you can tell what's real from what's BS.

There's nothing at all complicated about this. This man is MARRIED and using your butt. Go take a cold shower...a real cold one...and come to your senses.

Now if you are an unfeeling user who wants to take advantage of him financially by letting him support you, that's your business. But you have my word...THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. No matter what he says, you will end up paying a price for what he gives you...and price much larger than you may be willing to pay.

Trust me. Print this out for future reference.