To all who responded to "Dave"

I just don't see clear-cut evidence from Dave's post that this girl is in fact pulling away specifically because of his lack of ability to spend significant amounts of money.

From reading and re-reading his post, it could very well be the case that she's pulling away for other reasons (ex: lack of interest, no spark left, whatever), and he feels maybe he could "keep" her were he able to buy her expensive things (which is, of course, as Tony pointed out so eloquently, FUTILE, and the acme of FOOLISHNESS)!

I guess I'd like to ask Dave why he feels this girl is pulling away specifically for material reasons...or if maybe that's something that's the creation of his own mind?

But for the record, I certainly agree with Tony, there is certainly an abundance of gold-diggers out there, and good riddance to all of them from my neck of the woods!

Paulie

It could be that Average Joe has a history with users or women who seem to ride off into the sunset for various reasons...which he, being sensitive to his finances, attributes to his lack of funds rather than to other problems or shortcomings. It could just be the type of women he attracts and is attracted to.

I think Average Joe needs to work on getting his financial house in order, keeping in mind that even if he was flush with cash he should never try to buy love. Then if things still work the same for him, he could change toothpaste, deodarent soap, mouthwash, floss, cologne, wardrobe, behaviors, and continue to narrow it down.

Paulie is quite correct. There could be lots of reasons. Though I trust Average Joe's take on this, his view could very well be affected by previous experiences and not be objective at all.

This happens a lot. A lady goes dark and you never know the reason...and she will not shoot straight and give the real reason because she wants to spare a guy's feelings. What girl wants to tell a guy he has bad breath or his clothes suck?