Platonic friendships?

My boyfriend and i were talking about if it is possible for a man and a woman to be friends. He says that if you have grown with one another the feelings are probably much like a brother-sister type, otherwise there might be an atraction. For example, 2 years ago he met this girl at the residence hall in which he lived, he said that he found her cute and that he would lie if he says he wasn't atracted to her but that she was sleeping around and acted freaky and that was a reason for him not wanting to date her. they hung out together because there was not much people in the dorms. Well, i asked him if it was possible for him being atracted to her and not wanting to pursue her. he said that he just thought she was cute but not atracted he said he didn't mean that because her personality was not appealing to him but yet she was a cute girl. Do you think he's right? can it be possible not to be atracted to a woman but yet hang out with her and think she's cute? By the way this is not a jealousy issue because we love each other, i just would like to know more about how this platonic friendships work. please let me know about this subject. specially if you are a man.

Everything we do in life is the result of a decision. A man can be in bed with the most beautiful, curvaceous lady in the universe and make a decision that he isn't attracted to her and doesn't want to have sex with her. Even love is a decision. We don't fall in love...we make the DECISION to fall in love. So many people roam the planet as if somebody else is controling them or something. DUH!

Absolutely, a guy can hang out with a beautiful lady and not be sexually attracted to her or want to date her. It just depends on the people. Everybody is attracted to different people and different types. I see beautiful women all the time that I would never think about asking out because I am just not interested. But, there are times when I come in contact with plain looking ladies who seem very nice and I would definitely be interested in.

If your guy tells you he's not attracted to someone, take his word for it. On the other hand, I do think a male and female who spend a lot of time together in a satisfactory friendship for a period of time can develop stronger feelings...sometimes.

You will never get rid of every female on the planet so you can't guard your guy from other women. If for some reason he fell for another lady, that would surely be a great sign he wasn't meant for you. In the meantime, just chill.