Define this relationship?!

naturallyconfused

naturallyconfused

I'm stumped. I'm seeing this guy for over a year - great guy, we have a wonderful time together, spend 3-4 evenings a week together, yada yada. So, the quirks: he never invites me out with his friends, and never comes along when I invite him out with mine. He kisses me goodbye each time, but he's very un-touchy (doesn't like to cuddle - says other girls have "thought I can't have an emotional attachment just cuz I'm not touchy-feely"). He never makes plans more than a day in advance (as far as I can tell with anyone, not just me). He's not seeing anyone else (I've asked him, yes, but also confirmed with several of his friends). We spend a lot of time together, but it's all alone. We do have a physical relationship, but he spends more nights over just sleeping than the other (by far).

So, is he just biding time with me until he finds something better (for over a year, now), or what?? I have a natural confusion about men and their motives, anyway, but I've never known a man to stay this close this long with absolutely no idea what's going on. Any ideas?

So he's always been rather unaffectionate/touchy-feely..like right from the start? Geez, you'd think that after a year, he'd gradually become moreso.....but hey, some people just aren't that way........particularly if they were raised in a home where affection wasn't shown.

Do you know anything about his childhood? His past relationship history?

The fact that he only wants to be 'alone' with you.......could it be that he's just not a social person, maybe doesn't feel comfortable in a social setting/with groups of other people? Shy? Insecure? Possibly depressed?

Have you ever come right out and mentioned to him/asked him WHY he never makes plans more than a day in advance? Though I guess some people just are like that.......they pretty much take one day at a time.

How does he act when you're affectionate with him? Does it seem like it makes him uncomfortable? When he kisses you goodbye, is it a passionate kiss or not?

What ages are you both? Does he ever talk about a future for you two?

How is your communication with each other? Have you ever asked him why he prefers to be alone with you so much/doesn't want to socialize with others? Does he have any friends that HE does things with?

Laurynn