Dating A Younger Guy, Should I?

Bikergirl

Hi everyone,

Lately, there is a guy three years younger than myself who is interested in me. He's really sweet, I like him and he seems to have the characteristics i look for in a man. But he's really my younger brother's age - he's 20yrs and I'm 23yrs. I've never dated someone younger, and I'm not sure I should start. So, any opinions and advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi bikergirl,

If you're just looking for a good time and aren't looking for a serious commitment/future with this guy, then he is probably a great guy to hang around with or date.

I could sit here and tell you this guy may be very mature for his age and you could have a wonderful, deep, and long-lasting relationship with him....BUT that wouldn't be good advice. Good advice results from experience and observation, so speaking from experience and from what I observe in my male friends younger than me:

Actually you summed it up real good when you said, "He's really sweet". I feel the same way about my younger guy friends. They're soo sweet...and adorable...just like little brothers. And many of them have just started their lives as adults..more responsibilities...more freedom...and more GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS..they're exploring their options and having a good time right now. (I am just speaking generally, I don't know this individual guy).

If you like him, go for it! Talk to him, get to know him better, spend some time with him. What have you got to lose? Pretty much nothing (except maybe your virginity if you're a V hehehe). Now what have you got to gain? Maybe a great boyfriend? An even greater lover? An extraordinary friend?

Good luck!

I'd say go for it. Just because he is younger does not mean he is less mature. In fact, I am acclaimed to be far more mature than what I should be (I'm 17). Even my girlfriend's father says I seem too serious at times, too mature for my age.

He sounds like a nice guy, so what is the harm in trying him out? I mean, you could get something very special from this man, something more than you could think of.

Go for it!

Three years either way(older or younger) isn't much of a difference at all. So if that is the only thing standing in the way of a relationship, forget about it.

Hi everyone, Lately, there is a guy three years younger than myself who is interested in me. He's really sweet, I like him and he seems to have the characteristics i look for in a man. But he's really my younger brother's age - he's 20yrs and I'm 23yrs. I've never dated someone younger, and I'm not sure I should start. So, any opinions and advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Sparkle,

I think you are very wise. I've thought about your advice and decided to have a go at it. Can't predict what'll happen but hey, we live and learn, right? And life's about living. So thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Bikergirl =)

He's 5 (YES, FIVE) years younger than me. But it's great so far. There have been times where the age thing was an issue, but I think it's more of an issue to other people outside of our relationship than it is to us. There are only a couple times I have even thought the age difference caused difficulties, but we've been able to communicate openly and work through them. Good luck!