working things out

Ferret

So my boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue two weeks ago (well it wasen't really out of the blue). We had a problem and rather than work it out he ended it. After a week of cooling off for both of us we decided that we made each other really happy and this was a problem we could work out. The thing is we haven't spoken in the week since then, he was working long hours and we agreed to meet the following weekend. My question is, how do you put the peices back together? How can we work on regaining trust? I feel like were back at square one and I'm in limbo in this relationship. I have never been in a position like this before, usually a break up is a break up. Oh yeah, we have only been together for four and a half months, so we're still in that falling in love stage. Is there a chance for us?

Is there a chance for us?

Oh, yes...a great chance. Things like this happen all the time. But both of you have to have the maturity to put all this in the past, bury it, forget it, and move forward...as you would if you got a flat tire, fixed it, and continued on your trip.

You put the pieces back together by not discussing the break up, but rather working on the issues that brought it about. With excellent communications skills and patience, that shouldn't be a problem if you both have the desire.

Like an athlete who tears a ligament and the muscle becomes stronger once the healing takes place, your relationship has the promise of being stronger and better once the two of you work through these issues.

This may just have been the best thing for both of you. Now forget it and move forward.

Patience is important in a situation like this. If you try to rush him or act like you are put off because he has been too busy to call, that might set you back. Let it work out in its own time. You both make each other happy and that will help you reach a solution to your problem.

Yes, I guess I just need patience. These things take time. Thank you for your response.