Lice- Blood sucking Vermin!!!!

bunnzy

Grrr. I hate them!!!

What tips do you guys have to get rid of all the eggs? The live ones you comb out with conditioner once a day, but what about all those damm eggs!!! Myself, and my fiances daughters have them. They are really BADLY infested, no matter what we do they won't go away!!!!!

We wash the pillow cases, put teatree oil in our shampoo, but the girls scratch so hard that they are getting scabs and one has gotten infected and has to take antibiotics.

What tips guys? I'm desperate!!!

you have to use rid ,its over the counter and they give you a real finely toothed comb for the eggs (nits) .Had them when I was young , but you have to make sure you get them all.We finnaly had to cut my hair off.good luck

Oh, you have to do more than the pillowcases - must wash the sheets, vacuum, wash combs, hairbrushes, wash towels every time after showering/drying off. Plus the water used to wash this stuff has to be HOT!

Ugh - good luck, it can take a couple weeks of vigilance to eradicate the little beasts.

• Author

We comb once a day with a nit comb and conditioner, but everyday there is more. We use over-the-counter treatment (which react really badly to our scalps sensitive from scratching) once a week, but they come back!!!

How do we get rid of eggs? Do we have to wait for them to hatch? Is there anyway of getting the hatched eggs off the hair other than dragging them off one by one?

Wash everything daily, towels, sheets and clothes. Basically eveything that Brash said, do.

Get the comb and comb through the hair bit by bit. Pick off the eggs. Get a bowl of water, drown them...DO not throw in garbage can.

Google it too, more info on how to get rid of them will help you.

We comb once a day with a nit comb and conditioner, but everyday there is more. We use over-the-counter treatment (which react really badly to our scalps sensitive from scratching) once a week, but they come back!!!

Have you consulted your physician? If they are that persistent you may need a prescription. The OTC does not seem to be effective.

When I was in the Army, I once managed to acquire the little buggers. The doctor prescribed a cream called "Kwell," which cleared the infestation within 2 days, including the nits.

• Author

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, i'll give them a try.

I hate the scratching, but even more i hate how dirty my hair gets, and the stigma that is attached to getting lice.

Why why did God make lice!!!!?

Why why did God make lice!!!!?

Everything is a link in the food chain. In the wild, birds eat them off of infested animals. Chimpanzees, orangutans, & other primates pick them off each other & eat them

I wouldn't recommend that solution with your children, though. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Okay,

It has almost been 2 months now and before i found out about all these home remidies, i used the rid treatment 3 times cause they came BACK after the second treatment and then after the THIRD i said, that's IT! I went to wallmart in desperation to find something that will actually WORK!!!:mad: I came accross this rombi comb and used it in my daughters hair....It's an electrical lice comb that emits a sound and goes OFF when a bug is detected!:D It's kinda gross but kinda cool! ANyhow, the BEST way(in my opinon) is to keep using this thing EVERYDAY to keep getting those bugs, even the ones that hatched, the baby ones, so THEY don't reproduce and then you could break the cycle.

In the meantime i'm using denorex extra strength(kills the lice)

paul mitchell green tree shamp/conditioner(lice hate this smell):D

garlic supplements(lice also hate garlic, since they feed from your blood, garlic either kills them or something)

I read for 6 HOURS or more on the internet after buying the rombi comb and I plan on using this tea tree oil for good. Denorex extra strength supposively was a ONE TIME thing for many people!:) I would try that, people have said that after using the denorex(has to be extra strength with coal tar, medicated), they were happy to watch those dead little critters go right down the drain. YUKKKKK!!!!l LOL

There should be no stigma with lice...it is not indicative of cleanliness or anythign like that and they do not discriminate at all rich, poor, you name it.

Aside from the RID and combing and so forth, give this a try.

They like the oiler scalps as well, so if oyu can get something to dry out yours--maybe a harsh shampoo. I have heard that if you put vaseline in your hair it will smother them, makes it real easy to comb them out. But it is a bitch to get out of your hair I imagine.

If you have a cold snap (under 40F) and can trust your neighborhood (:)) open the windows and stay in a hotel for the night--the cold air will kill them. Take the stuffed animals and pillows and other lice friendly stuff and put them outside in the garage for a week or so.

Just some tips I have picked up.

Personally, I have never had them, nor has my son, but my daughters have--the girls do not look dissimilar from my son in hair and complexion, so I also wonder if there is a genetic or biological issue going on here. I never get bitten by mosquitos. I can walk into a festering swamp naked and be fine without one bite, my kids attract them. Go figure

• Author

I asked my mum for advice, and she said the only thing that works nowdays - because lice are getting tougher is Aeroguard Topical Strength. Stunk but i tried it, and i comb by hair with a nit comb when i condition my hair in the shower and its working!:bunny:

you have to remember to vaccum the vehicles also. so many people forget that part.

if all else fails, dye hair. you dont have to add the color and that stuff will kill them.

• Author

Actually my sister has alopecia and scrathcin made her hair fall out so we really did have to shave her head. Poor girl only started high school this year, its tough for her.

I have dyed my hair, but it doesnt kill the eggs only the live ones so you get short releif until the babies start popping out again!!!

All this stuff about toys and car seats and couches is false you know. Lice cant live off stuffing and they die unless they latch on to someones head quickly. I read up on a few websites about it. They starve away from the head.

What are bot flies milo?

My girls had this problem years ago. I fought it off and on for months. After RID and many other remedies, I poured Kerosene of the scalp and hair. Left it on for a few minutes. Have never had a problem since.

O.K, before you grab the clippers, try hair grease, the same kind black people use on thier hair. Any kind of oil will work, kerosene, even cooking oil. And it works on most bugs, not just lice. They cant breath and eggs wont hatch. I kept my sons hair short and the miniute a lice warning went out, I greased heads. They never got them. Althouh they gave them to me once. If you want proof ask a black mother who greases her child's hair if that child has ever gotten head-lice.

Good ol pomade, works like a charm.