Natural Remedy for Premie who Teething

TheRainbow

My daughter is 6 months in less than a week. She is 3 months adjusted age. She has started teething about a week ago. For my other two teething rings and in bad cases infant Motrin (at doctor advice) did the trick. For my daughter her pedtrician is saying no infant Motrin unless she has a fever, and teething rings aren't helping. Any suggestions?

Beendaredonedat

Did you ask the doctor for an alternative pain reliever or naturalpathic remedy? What did he/she suggest?

My mother used to put whisky on her finger and rub it on our gums but I don't recommend you do that if the doctor doesn't want her having an OTC pain med.

Have you tried freezing a wet wash cloth and then letting her bite on it?

major_merrick

We've had a couple of other teething threads in the past few months. But, I'll throw in my advice. Frozen washcloths are great! Easier than rubbing the gums with ice, which is also done sometimes. And as your doctor said, avoid the pills. I wouldn't use them even on a child in great health. My husband has used the whiskey trick a couple of times, but I wouldn't use it regularly. Save that for the very worst occasions.

Avoid plastic teething rings and avoid those amber necklaces. Chemical hazards and choke hazards are all around.