Mother of 3 boys!

Noemiforever43

Noemiforever43

I am in hard situation, I am trying remove me and my boys from a hard situation, related to my soon to be my ex husband, He has a TBI and had been up and down with his medications, I am done trying to help him, I know I need the divorce because of his violent behavior, and violent verbal abusive relationship, I am not sure how to talk to this guy, when it comes to be related to the boys, he gets angry any time I try talk to him.

He has thread me, with taking my kids away if I try to go away to another state, I live in Texas, and I feel trapped, because I am scared of what he can do to me or the boys, he snaps and screams, and the boys cry, I have a 2 yr old, and 7 yr old, I am hoping anyone has any ideas. How do I protect me and the kids, without having to do a restraining order, I wish I could talk to him, but its hard with his TBI i am not sure what is going on?

Not sure you're in the right forum, seems more of a marriage than a parenting issue.

You say he's been verbally abusive, has he ever become physical? Have you involved the police to this point?

To get the protection you need, you'll need to take any and all steps necessary, RO included. Be brave...

Mr. Lucky

I am in hard situation, I am trying remove me and my boys from a hard situation, related to my soon to be my ex husband, He has a TBI and had been up and down with his medications, I am done trying to help him, I know I need the divorce because of his violent behavior, and violent verbal abusive relationship, I am not sure how to talk to this guy, when it comes to be related to the boys, he gets angry any time I try talk to him.

He has thread me, with taking my kids away if I try to go away to another state, I live in Texas, and I feel trapped, because I am scared of what he can do to me or the boys, he snaps and screams, and the boys cry, I have a 2 yr old, and 7 yr old, I am hoping anyone has any ideas. How do I protect me and the kids, without having to do a restraining order, I wish I could talk to him, but its hard with his TBI i am not sure what is going on?

Have you looked into battered women's shelters?

Look for one in your area - they can help you and the kids.

• Author
Noemiforever43
Have you looked into battered women's shelters?

Look for one in your area - they can help you and the kids.

Thank You, Sorry for delayed I am doing ok, was able to figure things out on my own, realize the best thing I can do is put aside my feelings, and be a mom a great mom for my boys! Because this separation is wake me up to know been a parent, is my main focus and their safety is important to me, me and my soon to be ex- husband # 3 have realize, its in the best interest of the kids to let go of any possibilities, and be happy with whats ahead

isolatedgothic

Hopefully you will talk to a lawyer about your rights. We can give you advice and conflicting advice all day and night, but a lawyer is going to be able to tell you what you can and cannot do, as you share children with your husband. If he is abusive, you will have to prove that, and even then, it's sketchy getting full rights or leaving the state if the parent is still interested in pursuing parental rights.

Just see an attorney. That's your best bet.

I'm sure you've probably heard about this place on Dr. Phil. The PNP center. It's in Dallas. I see you're in Texas somewhere. They do work with TBI, but I'm sure they're super expensive and probably nothing can be done. But if you have any desire to have him reassessed or learn more, they do all that there.

http://pnpcenter.com/index.php/faq-s