My little girl is leaving for a week

:(

My daughter is leaving tomorrow to go to Idaho to stay with my mom for a week. The thing is, this is my first time for her to go, and shes 19mos. I am flying w/ her and flying back to AZ the next day.

Do kids that young get sad after awhile of their moms being apart from them? I know my mom and siblings will make sure she is happy, but I am a young mom (25) and it is making me sad thinking of my little girl missing me.

How to parents get through this?

You will miss her more than she will miss you as long as she is getting Grandma's attention. I went on my first business trip away from my son when he was 8 months old, left him with my Mom. He was fine the entire week but when he met me at the airport he clung to me for dear life. He knew who Mommy was.

How do you get through it? Stay busy. Do adult stuff that you might not get to do with your child around. Realize that it is good for both of you to be separate occasionally.

• Author

Thank you for your reply. I almost want to cry when I think about it. My H and I are planning on a few dates but I guess it's only a week :rolleyes:

thanks

Miss_Behavin143

supermom? I know this is probably not quite the same, but my daughter is 18 months old... and her daddy and I have been separated a year.

She has just started spending every other weekend with him Friday 6pm - Sunday at 6pm... and before this ... she'd never stayed with him because he was deployed her whole life and left as soon as he got back... and she'd never been away from me! Nor.. had I been away from her. lol By the way, I'm also a young mother.. 21.

She had a hard time leaving with him... but as long as your baby is getting the attention he or she needs, that they usually recieve at home, they'll be fine. Night time may be a little hard when it's bed time... but when they get to sleep and wake up the next morning.. it'll be almost just like they left you again and should probably be fine till that night again with the right amount of attention. Your baby may even be fine at night time with your mom! The only reason mine wasn't is she still sleeps with me. But so far.. she's made it through 2 weekends of this. I think it probably hurts us, bothers us, and worries us, more that it actually affects them. As a matter of fact, I try not to let it hurt my feelings, but my ex husband now has a little boy from his new lady.. and Maddie (my daughter) loves him, so if nothing else.. I know she will stay busy and be happy playing with him and probably doesn't even really think abot me. lol It does kinda hurt my feelings though. lol

Some of this probably sounds really weird, but what it boils down to, in my opinion.... we are probably missing them and freaking out.. so much more than they are worried or thinking about us.

• Author

Miss_Behavin,

I just came back yesterday from dropping her off in Utah (we live in AZ). my mom has been calling me and so far....she hasn't cried once :) I did when I left her to go to the airport....I miss her sooo much! It does help that she is having fun :)

Do you and your ex get along? How about your ex's new lady and you?

Well now I can relax a little and go on a few dates with my husband (her daddy).

thanks

Miss_Behavin143

me and my ex talk to each other. We don't really get along. He's a compulsive liar, so I just really can't stand to look at him knowing no matter what he's saying, he's probably lying. lol

His girlfriend and I get along great though. She's a really sweet girl and I trust her to take care of Maddie.

Enjoy your time alone with your husband. Ya'll definitley need the break too. It's a good thing. ;)

• Author

That is so WONDERFUL that you and his gf get along. I was married once before (no kids) and I hang out w/ his wife sometimes.

It's nice when people can be adults :D