Ex Wife Question About Mother's Day

soccorsilly

soccorsilly

My ex and I have been divorced just over three years and have three kids. She called me to ask if I was getting somethign for the kids to give her for Mother's Day.

Now in the past, I have. However, this year, she re-married.

Whose job is it to get her a present? Me--or the new guy?

Thanks

• Author
soccorsilly

The kids are still very young--so typically I have bought them each a gift to give her--I did that when we were married as well and continued it after we divorced. Now she is re-married and my thought is that

1 she is not my mother

2 there is another "spouse/father figure" in her house

3 the kids will be at her house on Mother's Day

4 I should be out of this loop

I will say again, It is 'mother's day'. The kids get something for mother's day, you will find that most 'dad's' or 'men in mother's life' buys her something on behalf of the kids, and/or from him.

If she is remarried then you don't have any responsibilities to anyone but those kids. If THEY want you to help buy her a gift than it is up to you to say yes or no.

I think it is highly rude of her to expect you to pay for a gift for her. Yes, she is your kid's mother, but she has another man in her life and it isn't as if kids don't make things in childcare and school these days.

If mother's day to her is about what 'bought gift's' she get's, then she needs to rot in hell :o

As a mother myself, I would probably throw back any presents my ex got for my daughter to give me right back in his face. ;)

bluechocolate

You say your children are young - from memory as young children we ( my brothers and I ) MADE gifts for our mother on mother's day. God knows what she did with all that spray painted macaroni and cut & paste cards but I like to think that she treasured them until the very moment they ended up in the dust bin.

I'm with Kat, I wouldn't want a gift that my ex purchased - creeps me out.

If the kids are in school or daycare they often make gifts or cards for Mom - if not, put out some construction paper, glue, glitter and markers and let them make her a card.