When is it okay for girls to go on car dates?

Hello all,

I am an only child, I'm 16, I have a 3.4 GPA, I play on the Varsity in both field hockey and lacrosse, and I have been dating a boy 2 years older than I am (Johnny) since January 2003.

In 2 months, Johnny will have been driving 2 years. Still, I am still not allowed to go on car dates, or for that matter, even ride in boys' cars. My parents claim that I am not old enough to be riding with other teenagers - and yet I have my own permit.

Any advice?

-Susanna-

Darkangelism

Nothing you can do about it, my parents were the same way, they didnt even like my supervisor at work, who was 22 driving me.

Let's see: You're parents do not let you ride in your bf's car and the results are:

1. You are alive at age 16 (Do you know what the leading cause of death among teenagers is? I bet your parents do.)

2. You have good grades (smart)

3. You play two sports on Varsity teams (healthy)

4. You are not pregnate?

I'd say your parents have a pretty good track record, and there's no reason to suspect their judgment is bad now, or in the future.

sportsloving

I know it is hard, but it doesn't matter what we think of your parents rules, they are your parents and they get to make them! (I personally agree with them, but then I am a proud parent of pre~teens and them going on dates scares me all to heck).

You can always ask your parents the reason for their rules, and I bet they tell you the truth... it isn't that they don't trust you, its the other drivers and teenagers on the road.

Best of luck kiddo :cool: