Best Judgement?

optomistic_nonsense

optomistic_nonsense

I'm a little concerned on me not knowing what to do in this particular situation, as I always know what to (or at least THINK I know what to do :)) when it comes to making decisions for my son, who will be 2 at the end of June.

I live in a lovely apartment complex, extremely secure and in a very good neighborhood. Like clockwork every night, he falls asleep at 8:30pm and wakes up around 7:30am. He has been sleeping through the entire night since he was about 6 months old. Within the pas year and a half, he never woke up during the night unless he was battling a cold.

We live on the 2nd floor, and below on the 1st floor is a gym which is open 24/7 in the building.

I'm almost embarrassed to even be asking this, but would it be horrible for me to jump downstairs for an hour at night while he's asleep? A monitor doesn't reach, I tried. I figured when we were living in a house and he was sleeping, I would go down stairs, put my headphones in and work out, although it's still just down the stairs....I dunno. Part of it just seems wrong.

Thoughts anyone?

just my opinion but I would never do that EVERY and we live in a very safe neighborhood also. Granted we live in a house but even when I lived in an apartment I never left my kids unattended for any period of time. What if something god forbid happened to him or at the apartment and you couldn't get back up to him..not something i'd want to chance with my kids.

It is a bad idea - if there was an emergency, you would not be available to help your son and he is too little to help himself.

One day my H missed the train to work and had a really big meeting. The cab wouldn't get him to the station in time to make the next train.

He asked me and I said yes. During those six minutes, every horrible "What if" thought ran through my mind and I was in a full blown panic when I returned home to find them....still sleeping.

Never again. I am a good mother, and GOD FORBID, anythin had happened while out of the house, well that thought is too much to bear.

Also, had an emergency arose and people resonded to discover my children had been left alone, the state would have taken them away from me on the spot.

Don't do it.

While I can totally understand where you are coming from, these parents thought they were being safe too.

Do you have a neighbour who could come and sit in your apartment for an hour or even take the monitor so they can come and get you if he wakes up?

Alternatively, you could do workout DVDs in your apartment? I have just bought an ipad and there are some awesome workout apps I do yoga at home and its almost as good as going to a class.

• 2 weeks later...
fascinated

No. I can see the temptation, but it's not the same as being in a house where he's upstairs and you're downstairs. Social services would consider it neglect, they use the "burning building" argument as a guideline as well.

• 4 weeks later...
miclebarbossa

Best judgement assessment is the process of determination of the income of the by the I-T officer, to the best of his judgement and based on the top.