Sometimes when you really stop to think about it

Krytie TV

As I sit here, the twins are lying on the floor on their Strawberry Shortcake blanket after having eaten/played with their oatmeal, and I just wonder how I got here. It seems like such a blur sometimes.

At this time last year, we had only known the news for 2 weeks. We decided to try so we were excited about it. Then came the twin diagnosis. Then the mono-mono twin diagnosis. Then the horrible prognosis that there was a high chance one or both could die in utero. Then the biweekly ultrasounds until week 26 followed by the daily NSTs. Then the water breaking at week 32 followed 65 minutes later by the delivery, both under 4 lbs. Then the 5 weeks and 7 weeks in the NICU hoping that they would stop their random middle-of-the-night bradycardias. Then after week 7... both home. No more hospitals. No more sleeping in the NICU chairs next to their cribs.

What do we have instead? Constant babbling. T seemingly saying HI to anything that will listen. The looks of amazement when they realize their sister is sitting right next to them. Ear-to-ear cackles as they bounce in the Jumparoo. Quiet, restful nights. 3 AM grins when you wake them for eating. Random and enduring shrieks at any given hour of the day. A truckload of diapers and clothes. And two perfectly healthy, funny, and adorable little girls.

Now, after all of this I finally find myself employed after 2 years without. My wife gets to stay home with the kids and I was around every hour of every day for the first 6 months of their lives and the entire pregnancy. I wouldn't change a thing. The presence of my little Buggels is the best thing I have ever experienced in life, and the journey just makes me appreciate it all the more. We spent almost every day of 2 months in the NICU, but now it is just a distant memory that unless I try very hard, I can't go back there.

Kinda funny when I just stop and take a moment to really think about it.

threebyfate

Krytie, you've honestly brought tears to my eyes, both in pain and joy.

Little ones are irreplaceable and bring so much wealth and richness to our lives. Did you ever think you could love like this, where it's boundless?

May there be more cherished and blessed moments to your family as you grow in parenting. Whilst they will think you are the greatest teacher and mentor, it is they that teaches us sooo very much more!

fooled once
As I sit here, the twins are lying on the floor on their Strawberry Shortcake blanket after having eaten/played with their oatmeal, and I just wonder how I got here. It seems like such a blur sometimes.

At this time last year, we had only known the news for 2 weeks. We decided to try so we were excited about it. Then came the twin diagnosis. Then the mono-mono twin diagnosis. Then the horrible prognosis that there was a high chance one or both could die in utero. Then the biweekly ultrasounds until week 26 followed by the daily NSTs. Then the water breaking at week 32 followed 65 minutes later by the delivery, both under 4 lbs. Then the 5 weeks and 7 weeks in the NICU hoping that they would stop their random middle-of-the-night bradycardias. Then after week 7... both home. No more hospitals. No more sleeping in the NICU chairs next to their cribs.

What do we have instead? Constant babbling. T seemingly saying HI to anything that will listen. The looks of amazement when they realize their sister is sitting right next to them. Ear-to-ear cackles as they bounce in the Jumparoo. Quiet, restful nights. 3 AM grins when you wake them for eating. Random and enduring shrieks at any given hour of the day. A truckload of diapers and clothes. And two perfectly healthy, funny, and adorable little girls.

Now, after all of this I finally find myself employed after 2 years without. My wife gets to stay home with the kids and I was around every hour of every day for the first 6 months of their lives and the entire pregnancy. I wouldn't change a thing. The presence of my little Buggels is the best thing I have ever experienced in life, and the journey just makes me appreciate it all the more. We spent almost every day of 2 months in the NICU, but now it is just a distant memory that unless I try very hard, I can't go back there.

Kinda funny when I just stop and take a moment to really think about it.

Beautiful post.

Makes you smiles from ear to ear at the wonder of it all :)

How lovely KTV.

I think the same thing every time my daughter says "Mama" (which is many times an hour!) My journey was a little smoother than yours- you have done so well to get through all that I can't imagine how stressful it must have been. I am so glad they are doing well now.