My Daughter.

yessy21

:confused: Ok. I am a single mother to a 4 year old. I live alone. work full time. maintain us very well. Im with her very often and her father is with her when he is available and open to do so.... in other words when his girlfriend lets him hang out with her. latley she has been unstill and having problems in school as in behaving badly, throwing tantrums and not paying attention. she wants to sleep in the morning at school and i catch her once in awhile awake during the middle of the night. after i put her to bed she wakes by herself and plays. I dont know what to do. her teacher wants me to take her to the doctor to put her on medication and i refuse to beleive that is an answer to her problem... the thing is what is her problem? she has everything she needs and might want. I didnt have anything when i was that little... not even parents. and i didnt behave this way. What are some suggestions instead of medication do you think might help?

What happens in the hour or so before bedtime?

I saw an interesting experiment a while ago on TV that showed kids going to bed earlier and not having any TV, computer games, laptops etc at all, and the kids all slept longer and performed better at school. DOing all that stuff before bed overstimulates them and they don't sleep as well.

They said if its unrealistic to get rid of tv/games/computers altogether then kids shouldn't be using them for the two hours before they go to bed, instead the should be winding down and having quiet time reading, drawing etc.

• Author

That reading sounds like a great idea. i think i might try that. i bought her a new princess book with all the disney stories.