Potty Training

if the child being trained has an older sibling or relative (or even friend), ask the parent of other child for help – it's interesting how a little kid will fight an adult, yet mimic an older child who is doing the very thing you want that kid to learn!

I know both of my nieces said that they've experience this. First niece said it was her little girl's cousin who finally convinced my grandniece to use the potty; second niece has two girls a year apart (nearly two and nearly three), and the younger one is more attentive about the potty than her sister is!

so yeah, get the help of another child, the peer-learning system can be great!

though I understand bribes are good, too :p

In potting training my son. I made it a big special day. He picked out the potty at the store and every time he used the potty we acted like he had just won the noble prize! My husband and I was dance round the house and a call would be placed to the grandparent bragging on how great our child was and how proud we were of what he had just did. We would let our son speak to the grandparents as well and they would act just as excited! It took 3 days and he only had 2 accidents.

saraispiel19
I have a friend seeking advice for her daughter, thought anyone here might be able to help out?

Here's some helpful advice I too have taken in consideration for training my daughter.

Here are some signs she is ready:

• She asks questions when mum uses the potty.
  • She comes to mum as soon as she has soiled her diaper.
  • She is interested in wearing pull-up diapers or even panties.
  • She can stay dry all night long and for several hours during the day.
  • She is curious about bodily functions and talks about what is going on with her body

Dress the part:

Get easier access clothing, like dresses,since it's summer time, in order for the mum and baby won't have to struggle with pulling down shorts or pants, unzipping zippers, and unbuttoning buttons. All she has to do is lift her dress and pull her diaper down. Or even better when at home, let her wear only some pull-ups and a t-shirt.

If she's old enough and understands, and is ready to begin potty training, mum can take a trip to the store and search for the perfect panties by letting her daughter pick out her favorites, and tell her that these are what she can wear once she starts using the potty. She may love them so much that she doesn't want to have an accident in them!

Monkey see monkey do:

The best way for a kid to learn how to use the potty is to watch mommy or someone they admire (grandma, sister, cousin ect.). Keep her potty beside the toilet in the bathroom or go on at a time if you have a step up on (which is easier since you don't have to clean the little toilet-eww). Mum needs to invite her to come into the bathroom with her, and talk to her about what she is doing. She may want to sit on her potty while mum is on the toilet. Praise her if she does. Keeping a few of her favorite books in the bathroom for her to look at is another encouraging idea. Once she has success using the potty, offer her plenty of praise.

Last but not least:

It is important to not pressure or force the child to use the potty. This should be a pleasant experience that makes her proud of herself. She should want to use the potty for herself, not just to please mommy or daddy. Consider what is going on in her life before beginning the training process. Are there any major changes occurring? Has she been sick, or has your family recently moved? Has her daycare situation changed, or has there been a death in the family? If this is a period of great change, wait until things have settled down. With time and patience, the little girl will be potty trained before you know it!

**from an article**

Goodluck!