Ever been jealous of your child?

Butterflying

Butterflying

Are you jealous of your child? Are your parents jealous of you?

I've been in therapy discussing some long-term issues dating back to the time I was a child. The counselor concluded recently that my issues with love and relationships result from never being loved properly by my parents. In fact, she said my mother is jealous of me, and doesn't love me at all.

Now I'm crying and wondering if that's possible. How could my own mother be jealous of me? I don't believe the counselor is correct in this conclusion. But it's hard to argue with her given the specific details of events that happened in my life involving my mother.

Go see my post in the Family section titles How To Ask Parents To Move Out.

My parents are UNDOUBTEDLY jealous of me. It is warped and hard to believe, but it is possible. I too had no idea what the hell my therapist was on about when she first suggested it, but after some real soul-searching I realized that not all woman that give birth are meant to be real mothers--it is just not there for some reason. Sad but true.

No matter what good happens in my life, my parents are never happy for me...in fact they get more spiteful and when I am down on my luck, they seem to enjoy it. I was in denial for years and I have finally seen the light.

Now, as a Mother of 4, I am putting an end to this cycle and my children will never feel the pain I still do to this very day.