2 babies and only 1 year apart what do i do?

broken_doll_18

broken_doll_18

hiya everyone well where to start, i am a new mum my little boy is 17 weeks old and i might be pregnant again. im not to sure weather i will cope with 2 babies, is there anyone who has has 2 children within 1 year of each one?

please give me your advice and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I had my first daughter and 2 1/2 years later had my son. He had special needs and did not come home for 6 months. 2 weeks after that I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd. It was a shock and I felt like you. What am I going to do, a 3 year old toddler a special needs baby and one on the way.

When my second son was born, my first son still could not sit, and just started to eat oral foods. I really thought I was going to be OVER MY HEAD. Things worked really well. You will find out how remarkable you are as a mother and can do more than anyone thought you could do.

They taught each other things and as babies had playmates together. going out was a challange, it was almost like having twins. Get the double stroller and as enjoy. My boys are now 15 and 16 and I am so happy that i did have them close together. Good luck and things will work out much better than you can imagine right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
broken_doll_18

thanks (i dont know your name) i am so scared but as you said i will be great ( i hope so) haha any way i'll keep ya posted and thanks for the reply and support

amaysngrace

Been there done that. I went to my 8 week well-check from giving birth pregnant. They did a pregnancy test on me and sure enough I was pregnant. I thought no way, my hormones are just out of whack cause I just had a baby but they said nope. I was having a baby despite the fact that I had just had a baby.

So every summer for nine weeks I have two children that are the same age. The thing is, that pregnancy, the surprise pregnancy, was twins. I lost one. So I could have had three babies in less than a year.

Anyway, it works out pretty well. Change one diaper, change two instead. Cut up little pieces of chicken, just cut up more. They'll both like watching Sesame Street at the same time so no fighting over the TV or anything. They'll share the same toys. You can read them the same books. The stories will hold both their interests. They will have each other for company. They won't remember a time without the other so no jealousy or hurt feelings when the new baby comes.

There's a lot of benefits in having them close together. The only thing that's bad is you're going to be stuck in your house for a little while. But it is only a short while so just enjoy it.

But if you're nursing you need to stop. You can't nourish one baby while growing another. Your body can't do everything you know.

Good luck and God bless you all.