LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Was anyone ELSE ever excluded from family trips or gatherings growing up ??

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2019, 3:17 PM   #1

Was anyone ELSE ever excluded from family trips or gatherings growing up ??

When I was in the military, I was 19 and was given a one week off. The day I came home I saw my dad packing suitcases, as well as my younger brother and sister, telling me they're going on a vacation to London for the whole week. My dad didn't tell me they were going since he didn't want me to tag along and cost him money. My sister confirmed it with me later on.

Your only son in the military and you pull this ****.

Whats YOUR story everyone ?.
Old 17th February 2019, 10:35 PM   #2
Established Member

One Christmas my mother had arranged for a photographer to come and do a huge family portrait as we had extended family staying with us. She organised everyone to be in that photo' but completely and deliberately excluded me.
Old 19th February 2019, 1:48 AM   #3
Established Member

When I was 16, my mother arranged for me to go stay with my grandmother for a week because she "needed my help around the house." What she didn't realize was that my grandmother (on my father's side, had little contact with my mother) was getting a bit forgetful. When I told her I was there to help her around the house, she said "No, your mother and step-father are going on a trip to the Grand Canyon and only wanted to take their two daughters." I was devastated. That was the beginning of my rebellious stage.
Old 5th March 2019, 1:28 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya1000 View Post
When I was 16, my mom organized me to run remain with my grandma for seven days since she "required my assistance around the house." What she didn't understand was that my grandma (on my dad's side, had little contact with my mom) was getting somewhat absent minded. When I disclosed to her I was there to help her around the house, she said "No, your mom and step-father are going on an excursion to the Grand Canyon and just needed to take their two little girls." I was crushed. That was the start of my defiant stage.
Do I know you?
Old 5th March 2019, 1:38 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vla1120 View Post
Do I know you?
But really, haven't all of this had this exact same experience? It's a wonder that any kids have seen the Grand Canyon.
Old 5th March 2019, 1:41 PM   #6
Established Member

My parents sent me off to summer camp and afterwards when my friend’s parents dropped me off at home a new family lived there.
Old 7th March 2019, 5:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJayne View Post
One Christmas my mother had arranged for a photographer to come and do a huge family portrait as we had extended family staying with us. She organised everyone to be in that photo' but completely and deliberately excluded me.
Did you ask her why she did that ??

Did anyone else say anything ??

Do u still talk to her.?
Old 7th March 2019, 5:52 PM   #8
Established Member

I never had that happen. That’s awful.
Old 7th March 2019, 5:54 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
My parents sent me off to summer camp and afterwards when my friend’s parents dropped me off at home a new family lived there.
What???!!!
Old 7th March 2019, 6:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vla1120 View Post
When I was 16, my mother arranged for me to go stay with my grandmother for a week because she "needed my help around the house." What she didn't realize was that my grandmother (on my father's side, had little contact with my mother) was getting a bit forgetful. When I told her I was there to help her around the house, she said "No, your mother and step-father are going on a trip to the Grand Canyon and only wanted to take their two daughters." I was devastated. That was the beginning of my rebellious stage.
Do u still talk to your mom ??

Why did they do you like this ??