Sister is friends with all of the exes in my family.

GiveAndTake

I grew up with five sisters. The oldest, I will refer to as sister 1, she is the sister I am speaking of. Every time I or one of the other sisters break up with somebody, boyfriend, husband, doesn’t matter, she becomes very good friends with them. She also befriends all of my friends as well as my sisters friends. Especially if it’s somebody a family member isn’t speaking to at the time. This is when she goes in for the kill. It’s very weird. Sometimes I see her post something on Facebook to one of my friends that she doesn’t even know. Then I look at her friends list, and see she is friends with them on Facebook. We live in different states. She’s never even met these people. It’s not just me with which she does this - she does this with all of our family. Sister 2 and her best friend of 20 years were on the outs and sister 1 became best friends with her immediately. (I’m talking BFF’s- talking on the phone every day having lunch together etc. ) We have a cousin that disgraced the entire family by stealing from the family, and now she’s best friends with her. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with her. I am in my 50s now, she’s in her 60s. We never hung around the same circle. There is no reason for her to be friends with any of my friends and especially not my exes. The state she lives now is where I grew up so I have many many friends there which of course she regularly keeps in touch with. I haven’t spoken with her in a while because I just feel a lot of disloyalty going on but I’m wondering if maybe this is a personality disorder of some sort. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I haven’t spoken with her in a while because I just feel a lot of disloyalty going on but I’m wondering if maybe this is a personality disorder of some sort. Has anyone ever heard of this?

How does her choice of friends, either virtual or IRL, indicate a disloyalty to you? She didn't have a falling out with these people and is free to talk with anyone she wants. What about exes you had amenable splits with, is she allowed to be in contact with them?

Seems much ado about nothing. Until she passed, my mom stayed in touch and was friends with my ex-wife, didn't affect me one way or the other. Not sure why this is something you're concerned with...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

They are exes. as long as they stay friends shouldnt matter. i have kids to my girls fathers bother. sometimes feeling happen. but i had that brother now