Being thankful for my parents and a new year.

Garcon1986

Happy New Year to all.

In 2018, both my grandparents died, I had to move to Mississippi, my cousin in China was diagnosed with cancer and I have to help him from afar, my uncle is almost at the point of divorce, my girlfriend left me, and I have little prospects of finding a girlfriend any time soon in Mississippi. However -

- I still have parents who care for me and my health, which is more than lots around me can say.

- I have a wonderful group of coworkers who are a breeze to work with.

- I have a really fancy apartment.

- my commute is only two minutes because I live right next to my university.

- I have a stable job.

- I have all these wild geezers on Loveshack who set me straight from time to time when I go off the rails.

- I have tons of hobbies to help me when I get moody.

- I have friends who like me enough to invite me to their parties.

- I have another married cousin whose mood is so mild I have to wonder if she's ever gotten upset in her life. It's so refreshing to see a mild mannered couple do their thing in the storm of so many divorces around me.

- I have not been hurt in my recent hospital shooting.

- I have reasonably good health and only a few aches and pains as a grown man.

- I cooked my own New Years eve meal, Italian sausage and pasta, and managed to stay healthy yet another year.

Even though I've had lots of nasty things happen to me in the past year, I will still hold my head up high because I also have lots of things to be thankful for. I wanted to share the thanks and send positive thoughts to those who are struggling in relationship troubles.

• Like 2

Even though I've had lots of nasty things happen to me in the past year, I will still hold my head up high because I also have lots of things to be thankful for. I wanted to share the thanks and send positive thoughts to those who are struggling in relationship troubles.

Wish more people had your positive approach. Hope 2019 brings you good news on the romantic front, sometimes it comes when we're least expecting it...

Mr. Lucky

I’m thankful that my old dog Buddy lived another year even though we thought he was dying around Thanksgiving. He has some fatty tumor in his abdomen that will go down in size if he just loses 20 pounds.

For his New Year’s resolution he stopped eating unlimited spoons of peanut butter a day and now only gets one.

If he lives he’ll be 12 in June.