Christmas Chaos Vent

Tressugar

I hope many of you had a better Christmas than I did.

My ex husband showed up unannounced to my mom's house with his wife to drop off presents, my brother in law tried to come at my sister in a crazy way, I lost my cool and cussed him out in front of everyone I surprised myself, my daughter threw me under the bus with my family, I got nasty and told my sisters to stay out of my business, even heard from a cousin who I cannot stand and the list goes on.

This is all within a two hour time span. My goose is cooked.

Maybe God's trying to tell me something... I don't know what it is, but I'm open and willing to listen.

I can't have another holiday like this ever again.

• Like 1

Shyt... Maybe compartmentalize next year? As in don't mix the whole family on one day in one place? We usually do two different Christmas dinners, it gives you some flexibility.

• Like 2

You definitely deserved that vent :(

Sounds like a pressure-cooker situation.

A walk on your own might be good.

Take care.

• Like 1

I think perhaps there is some correlation between the fact that we are all here due to failed relationships, and the fact that our families tend to be crazy.

My brother's wife cancelled Christmas Eve because her dad was having surgery on Friday. My brother was evidently unable to pick up the slack for her in her absence. On top of that, she would not allow her children to join the remainder of our family at my mother's house. My mother lives about a mile from my brother, and since my brother's wife didn't officially cancel the Christmas Eve party until about noon on Christmas Eve, we all gathered at my mother's house as a fall back.

My brother and his family did show up on Christmas day. His wife begged a number of us to drink with her, and although nobody really took her up on her offer, she proceeded to get piss drunk.

As she got progressively more inebriated, she actually went off on a prolonged rant about her father, and his drinking problem.

Eventually, her 10 year old son was relegated to a back bedroom to play video games. Her 18 year old daughter stuck by her side, playing nurse maid to her drunk mom. At one point, the daughter brought crackers and rolls as requested by her mom. I guess her mother changed her mind, because she started throwing the food at all of us.

She started flirting with me, but got distracted by her empty wine bottle. When she realized that the booze was gone, she lamented about how useless an empty wine bottle was. After a bit of reflection, though, she noted that if she were to smash the bottle, she could put it to good use my slashing her husbands throat.

That was Christmas. I can only imagine how festive things at their house will be on NYE. I think I will just steer clear of that, and spend NYE alone at home.