Just found out my sister has breast cancer

genuinelyloverly7

genuinelyloverly7

OH my goddess. I got a call last week from my oldest sister saying her mammogram came back revealing a lump. This morning she told me it is triple negative. She starts chemo and radiation and the third thing… a medicine I'm sure, just after the holidays. Her mother died of cancer when she was 20-ish, and it was bad. She hasn't told our family, except for one other sister (there are a lot of us). She said he doesn't want anyone else to know until she has a plan. Her kids either. I understand to the fullest. But how heavy a weight.

She spent the last 25 years dealing with a D-bag husband (now ex, thank goodness) only to get drug through the mud of his ****ty life in a divorce he initiated so he could keep banging his secretary. She is FINALLY getting her life the way she wants it, and she gets this. What the ****, God? (I fully admit that linguistically, when I am happy, She is Goddess, and beautiful; when things go wrong, He is God, and he sucks.:p)

I can barely fathom how she is dealing with this. A low-income single mom living far away from all her immediate family; how can I help her? I want to drive (11 hours) to her house and start making her wheatgrass shots. Call Ann Wigmore and order her to her house, to make her better. Ask Dr. Cousens to bring his Essene diet from Jerusalem to her doorstep. I want to cut off all of my hair and make her a wig.

She is being really calm and optimistic about all of this. What can I do other than send positive energy her way, and visualize her healthy and fabulous? I am also going to (physically) send some info to her about healing cancer with raw foods- Hippocrates Heath (the aforementioned Ann Wigmore), the Gerson Diet, among other programs.

Any support or tips I can use or send would be greatly appreciated.

Cancer sucks. Sorry to hear about your sister.

Just be supportive and loving. If you can, go with her to her appointments. Help with the kids, and household chores. Organize with friends, her neighbours and other family members (when she tells everybody) a daily meal plan, people can take turns dropping off dinners for her and the kids this way she won't have to worry about cooking. we did this for one of my friends when she had breast cancer.

I wish her the best, prayers to you all.

• Like 3

I have two friends who had breast cancer, both had the same treatment as your sister, recovered fully, and are symptom-free after five years.

I wish the same for your sister.

So sorry for your sister. Breast cancer has loads of resources. Look online for a support system near her who can basically be there helping her with the day to day stuff, especially since she's far from family. I'm certain the have volunteers who can do for her what you can't.

Another idea is use your family medical leave at least in the USA that's what we have; 12 weeks used wisely when she is in dire straights from chemo may perk her up, even if it's a little.

Pray for her healing, join prayer groups who will add her to a prayer list.

Many things can be done. Keep you chin up, call to check on her, maybe schedule those calls so you don't interrupt her resting after chemo for example.

My heart goes out to you. You will all get through this. Believe it!

• Like 1
Lokin4AReason

wish her the best for her and family .... I ll keep her in my prayers ...

cancer isn't fun .... I lost a good friend on Halloween cause of it =0(

• Like 1
  • Author
genuinelyloverly7

Thanks all- I will definitely get connected to her community where she lives. Definitely giving good juju to her.

Satu- thanks for the optimism. She has loads more than me at this point.

Something to also mention....she may only want to listen to her medical doctors (vs the things you are sending her)...let her make her own decisions and support them. Be mindful that she is the one going through this and she may just need to cry sometimes.

Thankfully, there has been so much advancement in breast cancer and hoping and praying hers has been caught quickly and she will find herself in remission soon.

• Author
genuinelyloverly7

@everlastluv- JuJu is mojo, luck, energy (and maybe a descendant of the concept relating to Voodoo?).

@jellybean89- thank you for reminding me of that. I know she has a lot of decisions to make already; I am not trying to overwhelm her or make her feel any more out of control than she already is.

Thank you all for your good thoughts, and advice.

Be there to support her doing physical things like helping her clean the house, etc. She may survive. Many do these days. Meanwhile, don't bring her down when you're around her. She has to function, so she will be living on hope.