Sister's apartment is a den of squalor

TB Rhine

I'm talking crumbs all over the kitchen counters, empty pop cans everywhere, four large trash bags sitting in the kitchen waiting to be taken out, dirty dishes stacked up next to the sink (one half of which has been clogged or something and filled with dirty water for at least a month now), hairs plastered to the edge of the bathtub and toilet... twice recently I've found urine trickled all over the seat. (By way of explanation, I should say that my sister is transgendered and has not yet undergone surgery, though she's been taking hormones for about 3 years now).

Just wondering if anyone else has a female friend or relative who behaves this way. I thought men were supposed to be the slobs! :/

Yeah, I've seen a few women who lived like this. I don't think any worse of them than men who live like this, though, and who do seem to be more numerous. Messiness is really not the sole prerogative of the male sex. ;)

IMO, it's your sister, not a woman you're considering cohabitating with. Assuming she's an independent adult, I'd be there for support but what she does with her apartment isn't really your business.