I'm The Family Black Sheep

BklynGuy

I can't get it right with my family. My sisters are both successful & I'm not. I've almost finished college, am a senior but had to leave due to financial reasons. I already have an associates degree. I just became an EMT but don't have experience yet. Had a job but was replaced after 5 weeks by a more experienced person.

I've worked all my life but the recession has killed the job market & I'm unemployed again. My sisters got a free ride through college because they have kids, I've got no such luck. My mom is a nurse & makes a decent living. But if I don't have a job due to any reason, instead of her helping she just puts me down. My sisters are verbally abusive & don't respect me. I helped both of them raise their kids & gave my sisters money when I worked full time & they were in school.

Now, I can't even have a can of soda, a candy or a red cent. The worse part is my mother chimes in and lets this all happen. Whenever I complain, she tells me to shut up. If I have an opinion or an argument, they threaten to call the Police on me & they have done it before. I feel so trapped in a downward cycle & I can't get out of it. I'm the only male in the family. This sucks!

• Author

My older sister is a doctor, yet she came into my bedroom & stole some of my electronics when I wasn't around. She doesn't even know how to use this stuff. What the hell?!!!