Boyfriend's Family Too Clingy

turtle

Due to recent events in the world, my boyfriend has been overseas quite some time. I've had some issues with his family being too clingy and kinda pushing me away. When he came back from leave for two weeks in June, I got little time with him. His family had to pick him up at the airport (even though I purchased the flight myself and was already there) and he got pulled in every direction. He had to cater to the family and do tons of things with them. We never got time to our selves. When I'm around, they (except for his father) dote on him and act like he is their significant other and I am just a bystander.

He is returning next week for good. Well, I'm concerned on how to deal with his family. I'm not sure if I should even bother to take off work to pick him up at the airport. I know that no matter what, they will be there and his mom and sister will be the first ones to run up and greet him. I also don't know how to deal with his family when he returns. I try ignoring them, but you can only do so much.

Any comments or advice? I guess I'm just venting.

Starlight43

i think they are really clingy to him because he has been overseas, and they dont see him much. Maybe they're scared that something can happen and they won't see him again.

I dunno being the youngest daughter, i have an older brother, and my mom is always there for my brother. so I can if he left or something overseas she would be freaking out.

I think when your boyfriend comes back for good, it will be wild at first, but then everything will settle down and the clingyness will go away. :o

Are they rude to you, or are they just really always clingy to your boy friend? You don't really need the attention from them, you need your boy friedns attention. Have you talked to him about never getting to spen time with him? Plan ahead of time with him. Give him days and times you want to just be with him, so that he can tell his mom and sister that he has other plans. Now if he cant set some time with you becuase he can't tell him family no- then he's the one with the problem