Hatred for Boyfriend's Best Friend

Starlak21

A year ago, I met a guy at my cousin's easter gathering. We hit it off and have been in a serious relationship ever since. The only problem that we have is my dislike for his best friend who is also my cousin. My dislike for my cousin is because of lack of respect for my feelings for his best friend. My cousin tried to hook me up with this guy at a concert while out of town after I had hooked up with my boyfriend. After getting back into town, I told my boyfriend of what had happened and he called my cousin to ask why they had done this to him and they claimed that I was lying and that I was all over that guy at the concert. Since then, I cant stand being around my cousin. My boyfriend is having a hard time being caught in between cause his best friend is having constant fits that they arent as close anymore because of me.

My cousin recently made him chose between the two of us and my boyfriend informed me that he chose me but he was just so heartbroken that I had to give in. I just dont understand what kinda of best friend would give altermatums like that if he wasnt a homosexual?!!

This may I had my 21st birthday and my parents are throwing me a big birthday party and sent out invatations because she wanted to stress "no kids under 16"...normally she wouldnt mind. My mom has a very high stress multi-task job and for her to send out invatations is rare cause usually she would just tell one person and ask to spread the word. "Some ppl" got offended because their name was specified on the invatation. I dont understand why family has to act so childish, not that id care if randy and his girlfriend didnt come just the fact that they would vocalize their complaint to my boyfriend about something so pety. Randy and his girlfriend had the nerve to ask my boyfriend if he was going to stop by another party that they were also attending later that night. As if my party was nothing special for him at attend all night.

I told my boyfriend my feelings about all this after my birthday because I couldnt stand how they were making me feel and because I wanted to shine some light on the sitation to him cause I just feel he is just so blind about his best friend.

I dont like the sitation that I'm in or that my boyfriend is in and there never seems to a answer to it. I need some advice as to what to do about this person that my boyfriend cant ditch.

I think firstly you have to talk to your b/f and get clear on his relationship with your cousin. If he wants to stay friends with him you have to work around that (and not make him feel guilty for it).

Your cousin sounds very jealous, I doubt that he is homosexual tho, and it sounds like he is doing anything he can to ruin the relationship you have with your b/f as well as the relationship he has with you. I think you need to talk to you cousin. Even if it ends with your cousin being immature or saying stuff that isn't true, you at least need to try. That way if push comes to shove you know you tried to make it work.

You can't choose your family....but you can choose to move away from them!!