What is up with my mom? Just gotta Rant!

steffany

Jeeze talk about a bit of craziness today! I know she is taking meds for menopause but enough is enough! I feel like I'm in high school again.

My friend works for my mom and brought in a picture of us at a local club on Sunday to ask her what she thought of her new boyfriend. Well my mom calls and is telling me she feels betrayed and hurt. I ask why and she says that because I went to the club and only told her I went to a crawfish boil.

What?! I started to tell her how my friend called and so I stopped by to meet him but didn't stay when she interrupted me and told me how upset and distant I make her feel. I started to chuckel at the silliness of all of this.

I am 25. And I called her Sunday at the crawfish boil to ask her what I should tell a friend that was upset because her dad is dying and she just had found outand I had no clue how to comfort her. I mean how much more of my life does she need to be in?

She asked if I was making fun of her when I chuckled and I said yes a little. She got mad and told me she didn't wish to talk to me anymore. I tried to tell her I did think it was a little silly because it would be like her calling grandma and telling her she was stopping by the store on her way home. She got more mad and said it is totally different because her and grandma don't talk as much as we do.

Then she hung up on me!

What in god's creations is goin on?

• Author

Now she emails me and says that it isn't because I went out exactly.

It's because I had been sick since Tuesday last week. And she felt sorry for me and really simpathized for me.

And when she saw me smiling in a picture having a good time it made her mad that she ever felt bad for me. Because I was obviously not sick. (how long does a cold need to last any how?)

I was like woah!

So I wrote her back telling her I did feel sick and stayed in the house from Tuesday night til Sunday at 5pm. Except to go to work. And by sunday I was feeling better anyhow. Besides it didn't bother her that I went to a crawfish boil.

I told her I'm sorry she feels that way but I understand because I have friends that whine but don't do anything to make them better. Then I said I still love her.

Tony....what do you mean this isn't a "pause"?

You mean it's going to last a while?

AHHHHHHH! How will I survive her menopause!

jessicakicksbut

Were you and your Mom close as you grew up? It sounds as though you were, and she is having trouble letting you grow up and mature. I know 25 is kinds old for this to be happening, but the combination of menopause and seeing her "little girl" grow up before her very eyes, spend time with her friends more than her Mom, etc. may be to much for her.

• Author

We were and always will be very close. I will keep it in mind. I did stay in their house past the time most people move out. I stayed there until I was 23 almost 24.

See we had a deal they would pay for my schooling as long as I passed. So I went on to get 3 degrees. And I felt if I could afford my own place I should have payed for my own school.

So I stayed there until I finished and a lil longer. Just to save up money and buy all the things I would need in my own place.

I still think it was a smart idea. I never had to live off noodles and from paycheck to paycheck like many of my friends.

And I live very comfortable now. I have a nice soft cusion in the bank incase of something unpredictable. I live in a good area.

But shoot if I would have known my mom was going to go crazy on me I may have moved out sooner!