LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

My Niece Age 14.......

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Established Member

My Niece Age 14.......

I am living with my Sister right now and her husband and daughter a 14 year old Beautiful girl. (until she opens her mouth to talk to anyone) I love her very much and I am very concerned.

When taking a bath she uses a whole bottle of body wash and shampoo and is in there for who knows how long. She spits her toothpaste onto the towels instead of in the sink. She orders my Sister around like I don't know but for example: Every morning my sister has to do her hair and she always says "Don't do it like that!" "What are you stupid?" "Hurry Up!" then my sister put on her make-up for her the whole time my niece is talking crap. Yesterday was a family members b-day so my sister kept her home from school so she could go with her to work. She works in Costa Mesa. Just so she could say happy birthday to the kid. Well her dad & mom own a business so of course dad was going with. She says to her dad "Can you stay home cause I just want to go with my mom?" He was like "Oh well I have a business to run." She kept trying to convince my sister to make him stay home. And was really crappy about it. There is f you being said and things being thrown. What is your opinion about this?
Old 3rd October 2009, 3:09 PM   #2
Established Member

It must be so difficult to watch but my best advice is to not say anything. You are a guest in your sister's home and she is spoiling her daughter but this is nothing new - she has been doing it for 14 years and anything you say right now will probably not be taken well.

After you move out, you might invite your sister to lunch and mention some of your observations in a loving way. If you have suggestions you could give them.
Sweetcheripie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 3:21 PM   #3
Established Member

What SCP said- hard for you to observe without stepping in, but she is their daughter and their problem.

She does sound awful, but then again lots of awful 14 yr old girls come right in the end.
sb129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 9:27 PM   #4
Established Member

Family don't like other family members to criticize their kids... so don't do it. It's not something they NEED to be told about... and don't forget, they are the ones who parented her, so they are reaping what they have sown... esp your sister being told off while she does the hair and make up! Anyway, it's not a pretty sight, but it's not the end of the world... I'd not comment to the parents... I might comment to the niece herself, though...
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 12:11 AM   #5
Established Member

Thanks everyone.

It is so bad you guys you don't even know. My sister goes as far as putting her pad on her and taking it off. that to me is totally disgusting. There is something wrong with that
ahsumgurl909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 1:47 AM   #6
Established Member

By pad do you mean of the sanitary variety?
Old 4th October 2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Established Member

Yes

Now tell that isnt just plain Whacked
Old 4th October 2009, 10:11 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsumgurl909 View Post
Now tell that isnt just plain Whacked

That is absolutely just plain whacked!
Sweetcheripie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 11:49 PM   #9
Established Member

That is whacked. I think the kind of help they need is beyond what you can give TBH.
Old 4th October 2009, 11:58 PM   #10

Wtf. Is the 14 year old incapable of doing that on her own or is her mother spoils her way too much? That is ... so whacked!
Old 5th October 2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsumgurl909 View Post
I am living with my Sister right now and her husband and daughter a 14 year old Beautiful girl. (until she opens her mouth to talk to anyone) I love her very much and I am very concerned.

When taking a bath she uses a whole bottle of body wash and shampoo and is in there for who knows how long. She spits her toothpaste onto the towels instead of in the sink. She orders my Sister around like I don't know but for example: Every morning my sister has to do her hair and she always says "Don't do it like that!" "What are you stupid?" "Hurry Up!" then my sister put on her make-up for her the whole time my niece is talking crap. Yesterday was a family members b-day so my sister kept her home from school so she could go with her to work. She works in Costa Mesa. Just so she could say happy birthday to the kid. Well her dad & mom own a business so of course dad was going with. She says to her dad "Can you stay home cause I just want to go with my mom?" He was like "Oh well I have a business to run." She kept trying to convince my sister to make him stay home. And was really crappy about it. There is f you being said and things being thrown. What is your opinion about this?

I see this all the time! Sickening isn't it? I'm glad I don't have kids. I would hope if I did I would raise them better than to talk to me that way.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Established Member

Their house, their lifestyle, their family, their choices.
Lucky_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 1:42 PM   #13
Established Member

yes it is their business

And the reason I am posting here about it is because. I stay out of their business. But I stress over what is going to be like for my niece in the future my sister had her at a very old age of shes 56 now minus 14 equals 42. So if anything should happen to my sister (God Forbid) what is this WOMAN almost going to do. Her behavior and the way she dresses and speaks is unbelievable. I love my sister & my niece but this is unhealthy and abnormal. This morning my sister said something about a way of wearing leggings under dresses in the winter and she said I would never do that. And my sister said its classy. And My niece said "I would never want to be classy!" "What does that mean to be classy?" I almost fell out of my chair.
Old 5th October 2009, 1:52 PM   #14
Established Member

You are stressed about this because your sister is only 56 and you are worried that something will happen to her before your 14 year old niece is out on her own and living outside of the house?

Um, 56 isn't that "old". I suspect she has time enough to raise her daughter as SHE sees fit.

Honestly, it sounds like it might be time for you to find a place of your own? Possibly you are too close to the situation?
Lucky_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 9:52 PM   #15

You need to spank her.
bluegreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote