How to prepare for the inevitable

Hello All,

I have been reading many posts here and have learned quite in the process. My story is probably typical so I dont think a lengthy explaination is required. To get to the point, My wife and I are on our second chance. We seperated about a year ago for about 4 months and after spending time away from each other and dealing with things that happened during our seperation, we decided to give it one more chance. Of course at the beginning all was great but now it all seems to be back where we were prior to our seperation. Well I have had enough and I accept that we will never be on the same path in life. Its ok, I guess, I care for her very much. She is a wonderful women but we just dont fit anymore. We have nothing in common and can barely hold a conversation together. I dont see us growing old together. I believe she doesnt either. This is probably the only thing we seem to agree on. Now for the purpose of my post. What can I do to prepare for the pain that is to come? I remember how painful it was the first time but I held hope we could get back together. This time there is no going back. I do NOT want a third try based on fear. The only thing holding us together now is that niether I nor her has mustered the strength to make the first move. What can I do to gather the strength to pack my bags and do what is right. Get on with my life and let her get on with hers. I would appreciate all the advice you guys can give me. I want to be better prepared this time and lessen the pain and fear that comes with such an emotional earthquake. Thanks all...