LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Husband walked out on me

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2019, 5:02 AM   #61
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summermoe View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. When will this grey cloud lift from over me? He doesn’t even care that he has hurt me. My family adored him and he said he felt bad for them and not for me that our relationship was dying because he respected them. He’s so mean and cold to me...
I'm in the middle of this too, and I feel for you. My wife wasn't just "The wife" to my family... but she was truly "Family" to everyone. My folks, and brother feel betrayed with the way she dropped this on me. I don't think she cheated, but she is just angry, and ripping our lives apart. (without remorse)

No advice... just empathy. Sorry
Blind-Sided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 7:16 AM   #62
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summermoe View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. When will this grey cloud lift from over me? He doesn’t even care that he has hurt me. My family adored him and he said he felt bad for them and not for me that our relationship was dying because he respected them. He’s so mean and cold to me...
That is quite common.
In order to walk away feeling less guilty he has to demonise you. He needs a very good story to justify him walking out on two little kids, so in his mind YOU are the bad one.
YOU are the reason he has an OW, YOU are the reason the marriage failed, YOU forced him into doing this... It was all YOUR fault...
Yeah right!

His OW will be listening to his tale of woe, just as you did all these years ago and she will be going "Poor thing, let me kiss you all better, that nasty wife of yours does not deserve you..."
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 10:37 AM   #63
Established Member

I'm just catching up on your thread, Summermoe. I'm sorry you are going through this. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping maybe your marriage could be saved with some therapy. Your husband is a coward who runs from his responsibilities and he has the audacity to be cold and mean to you? To add insult to injury, he cheated on you (supposedly "after" he left you - yeah. Umm. Sure.)

Stay strong. Like someone else said, he needs to demonize you to justify his actions. (Somewhere out here is a thread from me about how my husband started spreading all kinds of lies about me after I left him because he was a lying cheater who was horrible with our finances. Grrrr.)

Take care of yourself. You are now the primary caregiver for your dear children, so they need you to be healthy and happy. It will take time, but you will get there.
vla1120 is offline   Reply With Quote