Should we get divorced

Should1stay88

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have two children. We got married at 18 and 20 years old. We have been through a lot of trying times together. And life was starting to turn around. There are a lot of periods where we struggle to pay our bills and live check to check.

My husband was never really satisfied with his jobs he was a police officer and I felt like that experience changed him alot. He was less patient and more cold. I have stuck it out for a long time. I got a great job with great pay potential. My husband wants a divorce. He says he isn't in love with me anymore. He feels like because we dont like the same things this isn't going to work. It's pretty much saying that I have to like the things he likes or it's a no go.

I feel like he isn't understanding the gravity of what he is asking for and he will regret it later. I have tried to love him through through this but I'm getting weary. Should I divorce him and break everything that I have tried so hard to keep together?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

I don't think this is something that anonymous people on a web forum on the internet can tell you to do one or the other. I personally believe that marriage is intended to be for life and that you do everything possible to save it first.

Maybe you should find a professional Counselor or if you are a church goer then maybe the Pastor or a Counselor offer by your church. You can do this on your own at first,...then try to get him involved later.

Welcome to LS....

Age range of the kids?

Is H still a law enforcement person?

How would you characterize the M prior to kids or did the kids thing start right away?

My first instinct, given that his behavior towards you changed, along with apparent employment problems, is souring the milk. Is he currently employed and, if not, employable? That means healthy metally and physically and fit for employment

IME, men are a distinct minority in filing for divorce and divorce statistics reflect that.

Since you have children I'd give MC (counseling) a shot before tossing the M.

• Like 2
And life was starting to turn around.

As in making a turn for the better? If so, seems a shame to have endured the pain without reaping the gain. As has been suggesting, hopefully MC could get your relationship back on track...

Mr. Lucky