Why wife (55 yo) behaved like that?

We had a happiĺy married life for 28 yrs and had 2 grown children. I fell into a coma (medical negligence) for 2 yrs (2014-16) and spent a year (2017) to rehablitate myself (walk, write and talk again).

When I woke up from my coma I noticed a new wife: slimmer, back from office (Mon-Fri) after midnight.

Got PI to investigate and found she was having an affair with my (then) best friend ... married chap (serial adulterer).

Initially, the pain was so unbearable. Now, I filing for divorce next week and my money she stole from our joint account (closed 6 months ago).

I happy to move on now with so many supportive friends around.

What made the change?

Several possibilities...

But it is not hard to understand.

1) She probably thought you were going to die. So what difference would it make.

2) She could have been ready to leave before you went into the coma and this was the next step.

3) She could have been cheating before you got hurt and this is a continuation.

But at this point it really does not matter. Everyone want to think the person that they married is honorable, stalwart, always has your back, but frankly it really is not the case most of the time.

It may have been grief or fear. Why doesn't matter as much as the reality that it happened. You are taking the right steps. Best wishes as you continue to recover. Talk to your divorce attorney about protecting the proceeds of the medical negligence action from equitable distribution.

• Like 1

You were not there for her.

Through no fault of your own! But it's like you went off to war or had to take a job far away. You were no longer there, no longer the presence in her life. Some people can get through that, but a lot of affairs happen at those times. You weren't there, and she turned to someone else.