LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Thought things were going well, now STBX is talking suicide...

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2018, 1:55 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy_Nerd View Post
I do NOT want to get lawyers involved. It just costs far too much, and I doubt I end up in any better a situation.
Given your STBX's mental state, hard to foresee smooth sailing and rational discussion. YMMV, but I'd want an attorney's guidance.

Hope it works out...

Mr. Lucky
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
Given your STBX's mental state, hard to foresee smooth sailing and rational discussion. YMMV, but I'd want an attorney's guidance.

Hope it works out...

Mr. Lucky
Fair enough. I do have access to legal consult through my company's EBP. But as I said, I just want things done.

As of yesterday, I moved out to my dad's farm, I still need to get most of my crap out of the house, but perhaps some space will let her calm down a bit...
Unhappy_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 3:44 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy_Nerd View Post
As of yesterday, I moved out to my dad's farm, I still need to get most of my crap out of the house, but perhaps some space will let her calm down a bit...
That is a big step... I glad you found a place to go without committing to a long term lease.

Just my two cents...
Old 3rd February 2018, 5:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
That is a big step... I glad you found a place to go without committing to a long term lease.

Just my two cents...
Yeah...I wanted to get an apartment, but it's just not viable right now...and it's not like a 45ish minute commute is the end of the world. I have plenty of coworkers who've driven further that that every day for years. I'll survive a month or two of it.

I guess my biggest hesitation was having to admit to my dad that I done screwed up. My adult siblings have lived with my dad for various periods of time (years in one case), and I was desperately trying to be the only one who had his...stuff...together enough to avoid it.
Unhappy_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 5:22 PM   #20
Established Member

Take your Dad out for a big steak and say thank you.

I wouldn't worry to much about your perceived "I screwed up" theory. I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.

I would guess he is happy to help, as well.
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote