My rock and a hard place

I guess I'm at that horrible point where neither I nor my wife want to be the one to end it but we both know it's over. We have 2 small girls and I can't bear the thought of not seeing them, but I know the environment we've created isn't good either. We tried counselling, which didn't work, the Dr told me the first night it wouldn't because he can't make me love her.

We no longer sleep in the same room, don't talk unless its about the girls and most nights I can't even make eye contact without breaking down. There's been no infidelity that I know of, she stays at home and I work 6 nights a week and go to night school. I know it'll happen eventually, I just can't force myself to be the one to walk away from my girls. Please tell me is it better to start over while we're both young (both under 30) and our girls are too (3 and 1) or wait it out and have it all fall apart in 2 years.

What kind of a Doctor tells you on the first session "Well you're a lost cause, that will be 300 dollars." :confused:

I'm not saying that counseling magically resolves a troubled marriage.. but sheesh.. the first night?

It sounds to me, that one or both of you have resigned themself to the fact that they are not interested in trying anymore... that the decision has already been made that the marriage is going to fail.. so with that mind set.. I don't see how it can work.

I understand how awful it is when you've got little people.. I have 2 little folk myself and made the decision to divorce my husband. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that it wasn't hard on them, because it really was. Divorce effects your kids, make no mistake about that.

I cannot advise you what choice or decision is the best for you and your family... I will just leave you with this... Be a Great Dad to your little people no matter what the final decision is between you and your wife... \

Good Luck

• Author

Thanks Merin,

I don't know what to do. We can't get along unless we're talking about the girls, even then arguments errupt. Last night we fought so loud that it woke up the 3 year old and she was hysterical and I felt the worst I have yet. I don't want them to grow up in that kind of house but I want them in my house. I know that I can't win custody if she fights it but I can't think of a way to be happy without them. There's no easy way oout of this and I really am at a loss as to what to do.