Will my husband ever want to have children?

Hi,

I'm from India; I had an arranged marriage. I was 26, husband was 30. Now I'm 27+, husband is 31+.I knew that husband lived & worked in Singapore, but I didn't know he was so obsessed about staying on there.

Having children was really important to me, I had assumed that its important to my husband too as he comes from a very traditional & well off family & all his cousins have big kids already-he too seemed very traditional.He'd also mentioned a boy's name & a girl's name he'd thought of. After marriage he told me that he intends to go off to the USA for two years (one & a half years after our marriage) to do an MBA. He also wants me to stay on in Singapore with a job so he can come back & job hunt after his MBA on my Dependent Pass. He hadn't told me any of this before marriage, rather his family had told us that they'd cancelled the marriage alliance of a software engineer girl who wanted to go abroad for just one year for her job as (according to them) the purpose of marriage was to live together, now we learnt that my husband had always planned to do an MBA he was only waiting to become a Permanent Resident (he had applied twice before, this is another thing we hadn't known & been rejected twice before, this was his third application).His PR application was rejected the third time & now he's decided he wants me to be a placeholder for him in Singapore, while he goes off to the USA to study.

I know if I don't want to do this; if I decide to relocate because I'm missing my family or I hate my job & want to quit or even if I lose my job, he & his mom will blame me, they'll say he'd definitely have found some job if not for me.

Regarding a child, he says that he actually doesn't want a child at all, because the sufferings he's gone through, he doesn't want his child to go through, & this is something about which he's had long discussions with his parents, because they obviously want a grandchild. He says he'd even asked them to find him a girl who doesn't want kids, but he might eventually have kids due to social pressure later because (in his words) I want & his parents want. His dad also desperately wants him to relocate to our hometown & takeover the family business, but he adamantly refuses to do this & when I was annoyed with this being a placeholder in Singapore while he does his MBA in USA thing, he'd sms'ed his dad that this was all a "conspiracy" to get him back to our hometown & he'll not stay with me anymore so I don't know if social pressure of his family means anything to him.

His mother had an ectopic pregnancy at 30 which damaged one of her tubes & a hysterectomy at 34, she supports her son in whatever he wants to do, she says that nowadays one can have kids even at 40, she also asked me to "inspire" her son to do this MBA from USA & insisted I remain behind in Singapore with a job while he does this MBA.

People at his salary level do have kid/s in Singapore but he says he just can't afford a child & if he does do his MBA, he's going to be 33 when he starts his MBA & 35 when he completes his MBA, he also says he won't do consulting as there's "no life" but he wants some other job with a better work life balance, his friends are top i bankers & consultants who make 2.5x what he makes, in two years they'd have moved even further up in his i banking & consulting careers & he might just not land up the high paying, good work life balance job he's seeking & then his "sufferings" from life will only increase.

Do you think my husband will ever want kids?