Petition Response

I have to file a response to my wifes petition for divorce soon and I have a predicament. We have a 6 year old and I'm shooting for a reconciliation before the divorce become final. Keep your finger crossed. My problem is that I really do not want to pay spousal support if we DO get the divorce. We were only married three years. Child support I definately WANT to pay.

So, since I want to reconcile I feel as if I say I don't agree to spousal support in my response then that might hurt me on the reconcilation front.

Help!

HokeyReligions

You should be talking to your attorney about support payments, not strangers on an Internet board.

As for it being an emotional/relationship issue--if your wife has already filed for divorce, do you really think there is a chance for reconciliation? Again, talk to your attorney about what sort of response, if any, to file.

There are two types of divorce; the legal/paper divorce and the emotional divorce. Was it the legal marriage that made you fall in love?? Most likely not even though it most likely made you very happy and possibly made your love stronger. So if you do get the legal divorce there still is a chance the emotional can work out.