A vacation does a world of good

Wolvesbaned

Hi all,

I'm new to this corner of LoveShack. It's actually been a month since I'd been actively posting, it's been a month since the separation. I live at my Mom's now, my room not yet done, but I'm managing. I just got back from my trip to Hawaii and it worked me some wonders. They say that sometimes getting away does a world of good, for me it helped with the coping. For 11 days I was there and I went through the spectrum of emotions. It's funny how after everything, the one thing I've retained is an "acceptance" for all that's happened, an acceptance for him and what I'm feeling. Just accepting things, instead of looking back at our fond memories, or how he "was" and somehow hoping that this is just a faze and that he'll wake out of it --has done me a world of good. I'm now comfortable in my own skin. I'm now comfortable with loving him (still) although I can instantly count 10 reasons not to.

He was my husband. I can't just suddenly stop loving him. But if he continues his behavior, I can accept that my love too, will fade.

To everyone else coping: this does seem like the hardest thing in the world but we can make it out of this.

Nice to have you back, Wolvesbaned! I'm glad to see you work your situation... accepting is the first step. Who knows towards what, but at least you'll be leaving from very bad place!

Fresh air, fresh sunten (I hope) to have the courage to face your fears. That's a great way to start!