Feeling Down

New to this forum. I have been reading a lot of the posts.

I am feeling some kind of way today, after seeing my soon to be ex. My husband had an affair six years ago, which we separated for a year. We reconciled and I found about another affair last year (very graphic pictures). I will be the first to admit that I wasn't perfect in the marriage but it appeared to be a normal relationship. We have one daughter who will be 18 in a few weeks. Husband helps provide for her and is a wonderful father.

We have since separated, signed & notarized a separation agreement and in two month I will file for divorce. My husband still is having a hard time with the separation and doesn't appear to be happy. We get along just fine and will most likely remain friends. I thought I was doing fine and had moved on with life. I don't understand why I am feeling sorry for him.

I am also worried about if the judge will approve the agreement. The divorce will be uncontested. We sold our home and split the proceeds. He is responsible for bills in his name and vice versa, which is close to equal. I have a sizeable retirement account & my husband doesn't. We agreed that my retirement account will not be split. I know no one can answer this but what are the chances of the judge not accepting the agreement. Will I have to split my retirement even if the agreement state that the parties wish to be govern by the agreement rather than the court. I guess I am just stressed with the filing for the divorce so close. I know divorcing is the correct thing to do. This cycle just can't be repeated.

Edited by Snickers101