The importance of a clean break...

In the news this week is a story about a lottery winner who was sued by his ex wife, she got £2m of his £56m win. He could've avoided it by getting a proper consent order for a few hundred £.

Phil Collins got a similar deal after he had divorced his wife. He wrote many inspired songs which dealt with his marriage. These topped the hit parade.

Somehow she weaseled more money on the basis that she was the inspiration.

I don't have the written details but I would love to know how the law works in this case.

Phil Collins got a similar deal after he had divorced his wife. He wrote many inspired songs which dealt with his marriage. These topped the hit parade.

Somehow she weaseled more money on the basis that she was the inspiration.

I don't have the written details but I would love to know how the law works in this case.

That blows my mind, how in the world does an already Divorced spouse get even more money from the other spouse(assuming there's no alimony to be payed):confused:

LucreziaBorgia

I read that on the Daily Mail. She also got a substantial increase in her monthly upkeep payments.

I think the worst example I can think of, of something like this is the story of the woman a few years ago who divorced her husband and ten years later, without his consent got their old embryos implanted and successfully sued him for child support!